|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||January 25, 2020|
|Category|| Health Care / Medical |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Job Title: Care & Treatment Advisor
Duty Station: Addis Ababa-Ethiopia (HO)
Line Manager: Director, Regional Program Support
Under the guidance of Director of the Program Support Department, the Care and Treatment Advisor leads and coordinates the design and implementation of quality comprehensive HIV care and treatment programs at the Federal Ministry of Health and the RHBs of the four maintained Regions with main focus on DSD, HIV case finding, partner notification, post-exposure prophylaxis, key population services, care & treatment, adherence to retention in care, lab support, M&E and quality improvement activities.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
· Support FMOH in development /revision of policy guidance and data-driven strategic planning to support implementation of the ACT & TB-HIV program and delivery of quality ACT/TB/HIV services in line with evidence-based recommendations and practices
· Provide technical assistance to the FMOH/RHBs in developing/updating different guidelines, working formats, job aids ,client education materials and monitoring and evaluation tools
· Support in developing care & treatment plan to be incorporated in regional operational plan
· Strengthen regional TWG.
· Ensure the RHBs orient/train all service providers on rapid ART provision for optimal engagement of HCPs and other staff.
· Provide TA to RHBs to ensure all hospital-based mentors are oriented/trained on rapid ART provision Analyzed the weekly performance report on targeted testing of the RHBs priority town’s facilities and provided technical assistance required.
· Support to improve the implementation of re-testing before ART initiation for verification.
· Support to Ensure RHBs implementation of rapid ART initiation.
· Analyzed the weekly performance report on rapid ART initiation of RHBs priority towns and facilities and provided technical assistance required.
· Ensure routine viral load sample referral mapping is updated in ICAP-supported RHBs selected HF’s.
· Support the distribution of job aides on 1st lines 2nd line Rx failures and management to supported RHBs
· Support & ensure the implementation of PMTCT cohort management wallchart and monthly reports are generated.
· Support that HIV positive tracking implementation & utilization.
· Support the implementation of targeted & routine viral load testing.
· Support & ensure EAC sessions provided for high VL clients in RHBs priority towns facilities Support & ensure to improve the number of people currently on ART achieved viral suppression Strengthen ASM for DSD.
· Support in developing retention strategy & and implementation plan for regions Support RHBs to identify gaps in the implementation of retention and ensure performance improvement plan developed and implemented on monthly basis.
· Initiate and integrate mental health screening service and management to ART care.
· Support & ensure to improve the number of people who are on EAC achieved viral Re-suppression. Collaborate with regional NEP+ to strengthen ACMs role to improve retention and active tracing for LTF Ensure RHB’s assignment of trained staff at all levels as required.
· Support technically training on adherence and HIV care/treatment, MHI, ASM.
· Review centrally developed SOP and Job aid related to counseling, adherence, care and treatment of HIV.
· Guide RHBs in allocating required resources to maintain ACMs support for the program in the region.
· Track outcome of referral (transfer outs).
· Support RHBs and collaborate with regional stakeholders to ensure availability of ARVs and OI drugs
· Provide Joint supportive supervision & mentoring to towns and sites
· Compile monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual activity reports; and
· Perform others duties assigned by the supervisor
Required Qualification and Work Experience
· Physician with minimum of 3-4 years’ experience as HIV Care and treatment program Advisor, Internist is preferable.
· Experience in HIV program technical coordination
· Experience in teaching, mentoring, organizing and conducting training.
· Experience in development of national documents related to HIV/AIDS Programs
· Excellent interpersonal and coordination skills
· Proficiency in written and spoken English
· Computer skills (MS Office and statistical packages)
Interested candidates with the required qualification and experience are invited to submit application letters along with non-returnable CV online athttps://icapacity.icap.columbia.edu/en-us/job/492562/central-care-treatment-advisor-for-transition-support
-Only online applications are received
-NB – Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Closing date for receiving applications is – January 31, 2020.