|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||January 25, 2020|
|Category|| Health Care / Medical |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Job Title: Case Identification and Key Population Services Advisor
Duty Station: Addis Ababa (HO)
Line Manager: Director, Regional Program Support
Under the guidance of Regional Program support Department Director, the Case Identification and Key population services Advisor supports the design and implementation of DSD, HIV case finding, partner notification, post-exposure prophylaxis, key population services, care & treatment, adherence to retention in care, lab support, M&E and quality improvement activities.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
· Under the Director of Regional Program Support, The Case Identification and Key Population Services Advisor will have the following responsibilities:
· Provide technical assistance to FMOH/ RHBs in the development /customization of ICT, PNS, PrEP and KP services job aides and CEMs.
· Participate in national the national TWG.
· In collaboration with RHBs, organize and provide basic trainings on ICT, PNS, PrEP and KP services at RHB and high case load health facilities.
· Strengthen risk based PITC and index case testing and proposes innovative ideas that improve case identification and linkage HIV positive clients
· Support the scale-up of HIV self-testing and point of care EID testing in selected ICAP supported facilities
· Support RHBs to ensure the implementation of ICT, PNS, PrEP and KP services minimum package in ICAP supported transition regions.
· Provide technical assistance to RHBs in planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of ICT, PNS, PrEP and KP programs of ICAP supported transition RHBs.
· In collaboration with community partner Support RHBs to develop innovative strategies to track the sexual network of the index cases and link them to HIV testing services
· Ensure the assignment of ICT, PNS, PrEP and KP services focal person in supported facilities
· Ensure a referral system is established between hotels & bars and health facilities
· Ensure the recruitment and deployment of peer navigators at KP selected sites
· Support ICAP supported selected facilities to establish KP support groups to improve the uptake of the services and ongoing prevention and care and treatment services
· Ensure quarterly mapping of the catchment FSWs is done and updated
· Ensure availability of adequate stocks of TDF+3TC for PrEP
· Support HCWs in conducting ICT, PNS, PrEP and KP services quality improvement initiatives and build capacity to benchmark and scale-up best QI practices
· Regularly conduct SIMS assessments analyze the findings ,identify gap and develop PIP & follow-up of the improvement plan
· Participate actively in monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual ICAP performance review meetings.
· Provide joint supportive supervision to RHBs selected HF’s
· Ensure that all ICT, PNS, PrEP and KP services targets are met
· Compiles and submits monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual activity reports; and
· Perform others duties assigned by the supervisor
Required qualifications and experience:
· Physician with minimum of 5 years’ experience involved in care and treatment of HIV/AIDS clients.
· Experience in HIV program technical coordination
· Experience in teaching, mentoring, organizing and conducting training.
· Experience in development of national documents related to HIV/AIDS Programs
· Excellent interpersonal and coordination skills
· Proficiency in written and spoken English
· Computer skills (MS Office and statistical packages)
Interested candidates with the required qualification and experience are invited to submit application letters along with non-returnable CV online at:
-Only online applications are received
-NB – Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Closing date for receiving applications is – January 31, 2020