Cash Based Interventions (CBI) Associate – G6 – Mekele
|Location||Mekelle, Tigray, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||September 3, 2021|
|Category|| Engineering |
IT / Information Technology
|Job Type|| Full-time |
This position is advertised open to internal and external applicants.
Duties and Qualifications
Organizational Setting and Work Relationships
The CBI (Cash-Based Interventions) Associate is supervised by a professional staff member who provides the incumbent with general guidance and workplans. The incumbent works quite independently with an oversight from the supervisor and may directly supervise some support staff.
Contacts are mainly with the colleagues in the same duty station to exchange information and to discuss the work plans. External contacts are with the national and local authorities for gathering and exchange of data.
All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and UNHCR¿s core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity.
- Manage the use, maintenance and technical support of databases used in the cash-based interventions.
- Generate statistical reports based on the standard reporting formats and ad-hoc reports, charts and tables as required by the management.
- Prepare and administer accurate lists of beneficiaries for the regular assistance through bank ATM/IRIS system in line with the procedures established by the office.
- Assist in developing and administering UNHCR Regular CBI database.
- Assist in the monthly reconciliation and refund process for the cash assistance project.
- Assist in preparing detailed reports and breakdown of the cash assistance provided to the refugees.
- Cross-check databases to ensure that all beneficiaries are active cases.
- Keep cash lists updated and free of duplications and ensure delivery of cash assistance to beneficiaries in a timely manner.
- Maintain relationships with partners to facilitate the flow of information between databases,
- Assist with the training of internal staff and partners on how to use the database,
- Execute best practice in data protection standards and help to positively influence others,
- Troubleshoot issues with the database and work with internal teams to provide technical fixes,
- Inform and act on the reports and messages that are received from various units on different vulnerable cases in respect to financial assistance.
- Support in the co-ordination with different partners and focal points on lists of beneficiaries reflecting situation of cash assistance.
- Undertake missions and field visits to bank service provider to monitor the cash project.
- Represent UNHCR at the cash-assistance related meetings.
- Liaise with internal stakeholders and partners.
- Develop improvements to the database and related workflows.
- Direct incidents and problems to the supervisor when they cannot be resolved at their level.
- Perform other related duties as required.
All UNHCR workforce members must individually and collectively, contribute towards a working environment where each person feels safe, and empowered to perform their duties. This includes by demonstrating no tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse, harassment including sexual harassment, sexism, gender inequality, discrimination and abuse of power.
As individuals and as managers, all must be proactive in preventing and responding to inappropriate conduct, support ongoing dialogue on these matters and speaking up and seeking guidance and support from relevant UNHCR resources when these issues arise.
Job ID: 29379
Hardship Level: D
Family Location Type: Non-Family
Work Type: Regular
Education & Professional Work Experience
- Years of Experience / Degree Level
- For G6 - 3 years relevant experience with High School Diploma; or 2 years relevant work experience with Bachelor or equivalent or higher
Certificates and/or Licenses
- Information Technology, Database Management, Computer Science
- (Certificates and Licenses marked with an asterisk* are essential)
Relevant Job Experience
- Previous data management experience, preferable in CBI context.
- Excellent knowledge of computer software and database applications.
- Experience in Microsoft SQL Server (2005 or later).
- Knowledge of UNHCR programmes and activities.
- Experience in cash-based interventions, particularly in a refugee response context.
- Working experience in C# and ASP.net.
- Working experience with statistical software such as R, Python, Stata etc.
- Organizational Awareness
- Teamwork & Collaboration
- Commitment to Continuous Learning
- Client & Result Orientation
- Analytical Thinking
- Technological Awareness
- Planning and Organizing
- IT-Computer Literacy
- DM-Database Management
- EC-Statistical and modelling software
- UN-UNHCR Operations, mandate, principles and policies
- IT-Microsoft Server Technology
- CB-Cash-based Programming/Managing/Planning
- (Functional Skills marked with an asterisk* are essential)
- For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
- Competencies as defined in Job Profile
- Knowledge of English is Essential.
- Knowledge of Amharic and Tigrigna is Desirable.
- Additional Information
- Please note that UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, travelling, processing, training or any other fees).
- An eliminatory or complementary written test for shortlisted candidates may be conducted which will be followed by competency-based interview.
- Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Interested and qualified applicants can apply through https://www.unhcr.org/careers.html
The closing date for submission of application is Friday, 10 September 2021 (Midnight Ethiopia Time).