|Location||Worabe, SNNPR, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||March 26, 2020|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
EthioChicken is a leading distributor of chickens to rural farmers in Ethiopia. We are a rapidly growing Company that believes in investing in our employees and offers them opportunities for career advancement. Ethiochicken is an Ethiopian based company.
Our vision is to bring a chicken to every family in Ethiopia in 2021, and a chicken to every person in Ethiopia in the future, transforming the Ethiopian poultry industry, making it a model of inclusive growth.
The Cashier is responsible for collection of cash & cheques and preparation of payments.
Duties and responsibilities
- Prepare cash receipt vouchers for cash and check collections
- Ensure intact deposit of cash and cheque collections on a daily basis
- Produce sales invoices to customers
- Check proper and adequate documentation for all sales on a cash basis
- Prepare petty cash payments and ensure compliance with internal control set out
- Submit bank instruction letters issued to the banks and follow-up their status
- Collect bank statements and issue receipt vouchers for direct transfers
- Prepare cheque payment vouches and cheques for only approved fund requests on time as per agreed upon terms and conditions, if any
- Prepare payment of withholding taxes from payments incompliance with the Income Tax Proclamation
- Perform related duties as assigned by supervisor
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers/suppliers.
- Must be able to work under pressure, meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
Qualifications and Requirement
- Diploma/Degree in Accounting
- Reasonable knowledge of MS Office- Excel, Word etc
- 0 year work experience for Degree and two years for Diploma
Please title your application with subject line: - "Cashier"
Only candidates meeting the required qualifications are invited to send their applications(Cover Letter) including a detailed CV through ethiojobs.net or