|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 9, 2021|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Ethiopian Academy of Sciences (EAS) is a membership-based, not-for-profit organization officially recognized as an independent national body through Proclamation No. 783/2013. The Academy conducts consensus studies, provides evidence-based advice to the government, promotes excellence in research, offers capacity-building training, organizes public lectures and dialogues, disseminates pertinent scientific, cultural, historical and educational works, and encourages innovations in the sciences and technology.
The purpose of the Cashier is responsible for handling cash of EAS, maintains a petty cash and makes payment, receive cash, assisting the Administration & Finance unit in the roles of Administration, Finance, Purchasing, Logistics and Property Management of EAS.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain petty cash and register book and makes payment against written orders of authorization
- Requests for the replenishment of the petty cash when it reaches the minimum limit;
- Confirm that petty cash payment voucher and supporting documents are complete before effecting payments
- Collect cash and Check payments on behalf of EAS from partners.
- Reconciles cash balance with records, clears all advances taken by staff and updates all records on file
- Deposit collected money in the bank intact and submits the receipt, and bank deposit slip to Senior Accountant
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
Qualification and Experience
- BA/ College Diploma /Certificate in Accounting or related field of study
- 0/2/4 years of relevant experience
Technical and other skills
- Proficient in computer skills;
- Good interpersonal and communicate ability;
- Confidence in handling money
- Willingness to work under pressure.
Interested applicants who meet the above requirements should submit their application letter with their CV; indicating the position applying for on the subject line of the email only.
- Send your applications by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or deliver by hand to the Secretariat’s Administration and Finance Office, Gulele Sub-City, Woreda 9, House No. 199, Phone: +251 112 590930 at Blaten Geta Heruy Woldesellassie’s former residence.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Note: Priority will be given to women candidates that fit the requirements.