|Location||Ataye, Amhara, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||November 17, 2021|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Contract |
About Swiss Church Aid/HEKS-EPER
Swiss Church Aid/HEKS is the aid organization of the Protestant Churches of Switzerland and has its headquarters in Zurich/Switzerland. Swiss Church Aid/ HEKS works towards a more humane and more equitable world, assisting people and communities to overcome economic, social or humanitarian disparities in order to gain autonomy and to live with dignity both in Switzerland and abroad. Therefore, Swiss Church Aid/ HEKS engage in development cooperation, humanitarian aid and church cooperation and works in more than 30 countries and runs around 200 projects world-wide. Swiss Church Aid/ HEKS is a member of the ACT Alliance.
In Ethiopia, Swiss Church Aid/ HEKS has country programmes with focus on Natural Resource Management, WASH, Inclusive Markets for Smallholder Pastoralists & Farmers and Humanitarian Assistance for drought and conflict affected communities. The Ethiopia Country Office is recruiting an Office Assistant for its Office in Ataye.
- Verify correctness of cost/expense documents and ensure that payment requests are supported by source documents and required authorizations are in place. S/he shall also be responsible to effect all payment requests on time.
- Ensures statutory tax obligations (withholding, employee income tax and others) are timely and accurately settled.
- Ensures all expenditures comply with requirements of the Swiss Church Aid/ HEKS Field Financial and Administration Guidelines (FFAG) and all local legal requirements and obligations (such as tax, social security, etc.).
- Prepare cash payment vouchers and ensure that all cash transactions are fully and properly documented and filed according to Swiss Church Aid/ HEKS procedures
- Handle petty cash
- Collect bank advices, bank statements, and other bank correspondences
- Assists and support program personnel in relation to handling financial aspects of program activities
- Timely remanding payees and /or initiating departments with regard to payments
- Perform any other related task as may be assigned.
- As required, provide procurement support to Field Office.
- Ensures proper and up-to-date forms and procedures are used and followed.
- Has a full understanding of Swiss Church Aid/ HEKS procurement policies and formats.
- Assist the Procurement process and opening of bids and quotations.
- Maintain proper procurement files (photocopy of all transaction documents).
- Other duties as assigned.
Required No: 1
Duration: Six (6) month fixed term contract
Minimum Skills and Qualifications
- Diploma/University Degree in Accounting
- At least one years of experience for University Degree and three years of experience for Diploma
- Proven experience in finance
- Strong computer skills in MS Office programs
- Strong organizational skills as well as attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written English skills
- Excellent communication, organizational, and human interaction skills
Interested and qualified candidates can apply by sending letter of application and updated CV through Sosina.Seyoum@heks-eper.org
Mention the location and position you are applying for on the subject of your email and your application letter. Your application will not be reviewed if you fail to do so.
Only short-listed applications will be contacted. No phone calls are allowed!
Qualified Female applicants are encouraged to apply
Note: Use " Cashier/ Accountant " as the subject line of your email !