|Location||Bahir Dar, Amhara, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 24, 2020|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Job Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Process Payments;
- Review payment requests for coding, completeness, availability of budgets and taxes calculations as applicable;
- Ensure all financial transactions of the project are processed in compliance to WaterAid Internal requirements, donors’ requirements and any other applicable local government rules;
- Manage petty cash fund of the project;
- Record transaction on cash book daily and submit it for review to respective project Coordinators at the time of replenishment and by end of every month;
- Make a timely replenishment of petty cash; also ensure timely cash count;
- Post transaction on Sun system accurately and on time;
- Prepare cheque payments once transactions are reviewed and approved;
- Effect payments (workshops/trainings/vendors…) accordingly for approved transactions attaching all relevant documents;
- Make timely payment of withholding tax to the local taxing authorities;
- Compile all relevant financial documents and upload them on Share point following WaterAid Ethiopia guideline for documentation;
- Organize and file all hard copies of financial transactions; and make available as requested for audits and internal monitoring;
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliation for Field Office bank, get it signed by Project Coordinators, and submit to the Country Programme Senior Finance Officer on within the given deadline;
- Prepare Journal Vouchers and Cash Receipt Vouchers as appropriate and record on the system on time;
- Ensure meeting WaterAid Ethiopia deadlines for monthly reporting;
- Assist on the procurements of items at field office level;
- Manage the mini store of the Field Office; and support the project on the timely delivery of items to/and from a store;
- Other tasks as assigned by the line manager.
- College Diploma/BA in Accounting, Bookkeeping or related field
- A minimum of four years relevant experience for diploma and two years for BA
- NGO experience is desirable
Duration of the contract: Until 31st March 2024.
Interested and qualified applicants are requested to apply online.
Qualified women are highly encouraged to apply.