|Location||Tigray, Tigray, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 30, 2021|
|Category|| Agriculture |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Organize and Lead Multidisciplinary Emergency teams (10%)
· Ensure project beneficiary committee are established or revitalized marinating the right composition and according to guideline indicated in the project document;
· Ensure project stakeholders understand and deliver project inputs in accordance with personal work-plans, humanitarian principles, core values, the Code of Conduct and SPHERE.
· Work collaboratively in close relation with woreda sectors and community structures such as beneficiary selection committee and extension agents;
· Promote productive work environment respectful of the Code of Conduct with zero tolerance for verbal and physical abuse or discrimination against other persons on the grounds of race, colour, sex or creed.
· Provide feedback on periodic performance of the project to the PC
· Ensure logistical resources demands are in place and properly utilized at grass roots level;
· Ensure input distribution sites, stores and safety and security of project inputs at community level.
Project implementation coordination, monitoring, follow up and reporting (43%)
· Coordinate project implementation with concerned project stakeholders at community levels
· Facilitate beneficiary selection along with community representatives and government structures at community levels
· Summit beneficiary master data to livelihoods officer for further submission to the PC and CO before project input distribution.
· Ensure day-to-day project implementation, monitoring, reporting of updates on timely basis;
- Ensure that the beneficiaries are selected based on the agreed and set criteria and manage complains created at kebele and woredas level through smooth communication and reporting to various level of government and PIE structures;
- Ensure that the respective beneficiaries are received various seeds and follow-up their managements, outputs as well as changes over the project period;
- Monitor the baseline survey coordinate and ensure collection of relevant and quality data collection by data collectors;
- Contribute to various assessments by collecting information through qualitative and quantitative data gathering methods (e.g. surveys, interviews, FGDs)
- Managing relationship and networking with government, partners and other stakeholders (10%)
· Participate in coordination meeting held at Woreda and community levels and provide progresses regarding the project implementation.
· Establish and maintain constructive working relationships with other NGO’s and UN agencies operating in the district, local government, bilateral and multilateral donors, and other principle stakeholders including the military where present and if necessary.
· Ensure that sex disaggregated beneficiary data collected and submitted to the LO/PC, and provide required information to LO/PC that help to produce progress report in accordance to the reporting template and within their reporting schedule.
Conduct community need assessment before developing projects (5%)
· Coordinate and support local level assessments, surveys and other studies and assist proposal development to finance projects
· Facilitate visits that planned by regional government, CO as well as the donor.
· BSc/diploma in Crop Production and Agronomy, Rural Development, Agricultural Development, Agricultural Economics, Development studies, Sociology or other related fields is required with a minimum of 1-3 years of related working experience.
Qualifications and experience desirable
· Equipped with sufficient level of awareness on : Early warning concepts; agriculture, Disaster risk management practice and knowhow; food security and livelihoods framework and Gender,
· Knowledge of Plan policies and procedures, Sphere and the Red Cross/ NGO Code of Conduct
· Knowledge of child rights programming
· Good knowledge of field level realities of humanitarian NGOs work;
· Experience of working in Tigray context and speak Local language;
· Knowledge of FSL, CTP, Agriculture, EWS, DRR and DCM;
· Good understanding of the external operating environment including government policies, strategies, guidelines and operating procedures in managing emergencies and disasters in the country Perform multiple, non-technical tasks with a potential need to upgrade skills in order to meet changing job conditions.
· English language
· Knowledge of local language
This position is only open to Ethiopian Nationals, who must be eligible to live and work in Ethiopia.
More information about Plan International can be found on http://plan-international.org
References will be taken and background and anti-terrorism checks will be carried out in conformity with Plans Child Protection Policy. Plan operates an equal opportunities policy and actively encourages diversity, welcoming applications from all persons meeting the skills and experience required.
As an international child centered community development organization, Plan International is fully committed to promoting the realization of children's rights including their right to protection from violence and abuse. That means we have particular responsibilities to children that we come into contact with.
Plan International believes that in a world where children face so many threats of harm, it is our duty to ensure that we as an organization, do everything we can to keep children safe. We must not contribute in any way to harming or placing children at risk.