|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 16, 2021|
|Category|| Economics |
Health Care / Medical
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Centre for Innovative Drug Development and Therapeutic Trials for Africa (CDT-Africa) is a World Bank-supported center of excellence for education and research at Addis Ababa University College of Health Sciences, Ethiopia. It was established to lead a high-quality regional capacity for the discovery and development of medicines (drugs, vaccines, diagnostics, and complex interventions) and bring about fair and sustainable development in Africa.
CDT-Africa, in partnership with its international collaborators, is in the process of implementing the MUTUAL (MUltimorbidity ThroUgh cApacity building) project under its complex intervention program. As part of this initiative, the CDT-Africa will be able to offer a full-time postdoctoral fellowship.
- Effectively participate in short course trainings which will be delivered by tutors and mentors in 3 areas of need: a) advanced statistical methods and epidemiology; b) health economics; and c) evidence synthesis.
- Effectively participate In trainings in transferable skills (e.g. research dissemination, public speaking, leadership, impact, data security).
- With support from MUTUAL project members from both the UK and in-country, work mutually to advance our understanding of multimorbidity using existing datasets of people with detailed information of health status. This will be carried out using advanced statistical analysis and using Health economics techniques to understand the economic impact associated with specific clusters of multi-morbidity, to assess which are the most burdensome.
- Publish papers on reputable journals as a first author
Number of positions: one
Area of work: Complex interventions
Place of work: CDT-Africa, College of Health Sciences, Addis Ababa University, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Employment term: 18 months. Candidates are expected to attract additional funding during the period
- PhD in Health Economics using data generated in Ethiopia
Application documents: motivation letter, CV, and copies of degrees must be submitted in electronic copy via email to Dr. Tsegahun Manyazewal (email@example.com) copying Bethlehem Fekadu (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Application deadline: 19 July 2021, 5:00 PM
Start date: as soon as possible. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.