Center Head (Re-Advertised)
|Location||Debremarkos, Amhara, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||February 1, 2020|
|Category|| Business Administration |
Health Care / Medical
|Job Type|| Full-time |
1. JOB SUMMARY
Under the direction the Commercial Services Manager, the Centre Head is responsible for planning, organizing, directing, controlling and coordinating the activities of the SRH centre. S/he ensures the effective and efficient delivery of services of the centre and is also responsible to supervise, lead and motivate the centre staff. Coordinate and supervise the work and activities of service providers and non-service providers working in the center.
Specific Roles and Responsibilities
Business Leadership and Team Management
- Take lead in overall coordination of center activities to ensure efficient delivery of quality services and achievement of MSI Ethiopia’s mission and center business targets.
- Responsible for team spirit and productivity management by on job coaching, motivation and continuously set and reviewing performance targets for the center staff.
- Responsible for financial sustainability and continuous growth of the center business by ensuring center service promotion, service diversification and efficient management of available resources.
- Ensure effective implementation of initiatives like client referral scheme, waiver scheme, client centric care, center branding guideline and any other future business development strategies planned.
- Assess the private sector activity and propose possible solutions for business challenges.
Resource Management and Administration
- Responsible for managing all human resource related issues according to MSIE HR policy
- Responsible for planning and efficient management of supply chain and logistic related issues of the center.
- Follows-up stock management by their proper receipt, storage, safe keep, issuance and regular replenishment by pre-establishing re-order level;
- Responsible for monthly expense planning and ensure all financial transactions of the centre are in line with the MSIE financial policies.
- Approves supplies' requests and issuance and authorizes financial payments for purchase of goods and services as per the organization's financial policy and delegation of authority;
- Performs other administrative duties essential for the day-to-day running of the clinic;
Client Centric Care and quality assurance
- Support service providers delivering quality clinical services under technical supervision of health officer.
- Builds customer relation management skills and/or capacity of the Centre team members;
- Ensure best quality of clinical care by regular monitoring, competency assessment, training of service providers with support from Health officer and clinical quality and training department.
- Ensure on-time report for the clinical incident happened in the center as per the guideline of MSIE.
- Enforces MSIE Infection Prevention Standards for clinic.
- Ensure Maintenance of a safe, clean, orderly, and pleasant Clinic environment;
- Ensures the maintenance of efficient delivery of client centric care and the confidentiality of all cases, in accordance with accepted standard medical practices and professional code of conduct.
Reporting, decision making and partnership management
- Responsible for preparing and sharing weekly/monthly/quarterly reports of KPI, financial and stock report of the center at support office as per agreed time schedule.
- Ensures client records are up-to-date, orderly, properly filed and readily retrievable for reference and inspection as per MSIE standards.
- Identifies problems which interfere with practice and develops an action plans for resolution.
- Practices effective problem identification and resolution skills as a method of sound decision making.
- Build up strong relations with local government and non-governmental agencies to promote MSIE's interest and partnership at local level.
- Ensure effective collaboration and synergies established with MSIE other business activities in the town/region.
- Undertakes any other relevant duties that assigned by line manager/department director.
1. Education Qualification:
- Degree in business management, Nursing, Public Health, Marketing and related fields
2. Desirable Experience of 3 years in,
- Healthcare service delivery management
- Experience within the sexual and reproductive healthcare sector or related field
- Track record in achieving financial and non-financial targets in business management.
3. Skills, Attitudes and Attributes
- Sound business development and planning skills
- Understanding the issues surrounding provision of SRH services.
- Understanding major policies/issues of government health policies, regional policies.
- Ability to proceed on own initiative using independent judgment within MSIE Authority delegation.
- Collaborative approach to team working.
- Strong personal commitment to the goals of MSI and to put it into practice.
- Good interpersonal communication skills - both oral and written.
Number of Position: (01)
Duty Station: MSIE Debre Markos SRH Centre, Debre Markos
Employment Type: Contract for one year with possibility of renewal based on performance
Salary: As per MSIE Salary Scale
Interested and qualified applicants should mail only their motivation letter and C.V, within ten (10) days from the date of this announcement to:
Human Resources, Marie Stopes International Ethiopia
Through the following e-mail address: HumanResource@mariestopes.org.et
Due to the volume of applications, we will only contact shortlisted candidates, and we are unable to provide any feedback on unsuccessful applications.
Please mention the title of the position and work place you applied for on the subject line of your email.
CANDIDATES WHO DO NOT FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
MSIE STRONGLY ENCOURAGES FEMALE CANDIDATES TO APPLY!