|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 1, 2021|
|Category|| Health Care / Medical |
|Job Type|| Contract |
Required Number: one (1)
Duration 3 months with possible extension
Objectives of the position
The survey coordinator will support EPHI to develop internal systems for quality control during survey implementation. This means the central coordinator will manage internal systems that validate the survey protocol that is being followed by data collectors and field supervisors, and also work in validating the quality of work of the field supervisors.
Role and Responsibilities
- Lead and guide over all work of Data collectors, Supervisors and Regional coordinators during data collection period.
- Maintain and monitor the data collection process and adjust the system to operational activities’ needs with continued support Conceptualize and manage a nationally representative multisite complex survey
- Follow up of key survey activities at mission level such as coordinating, coaching and supervising, field team, ensuring the quality of data, and qualitative data analysis, interpreting and reporting of findings
- Ability to manage and test implement modifications, enhancements, communicate and train staff on data collection, management, and analysis.
- Will be involved in data analysis interpretation and write-up.
- Daily documentation of each survey activities.
- Support the administration of surveys by helping ensure compliance with good practice in relation to the conduct of survey, ethics policy, and other relevant EPHI policies.
- Prepare training materials, SOP, guidelines, checklists and sample tracking formats
- Develop FGD and in-depth interview guide.
- Conduct supervision with supervisor and coordinators at site level when needed.
- Oversee daily site activities and sure that the study is conducted as the protocol guidelines
- Prepare weekly report and update the project progress to the PI and other central team
- Supervise the overall activities survey accordingly.
- Supervise the quality of the interview data collection work using standard manual with regional coordinator and supervisor accordingly.
- Work with the data manager to ensure data storage in the electronic material.
- Conduct data management and transmission
- Manage overall stocks need for the survey period and inform the PI materials to be purchased
- Follow and manage the sample collected from sites and follows to be safely stored in EPHI as per the standard
- Discussed with Regional Coordinator and supervisors on data qualities and give feedback periodically
- Control logistics and project materials and properties and take corrective action for miss use
- Take additional assignments from the responsible directorate and PI.
. PHD or fellow in the fields of Public Health, and having of 5 + years demonstrated experiences in designing and executing qualitative and quantitative study and analyzing qualitative data, technical report and manuscript writing
. Demonstrated experience in providing training on quantitative and qualitative research method
. Demonstrated experience in managing in-depth interview and focused group discussion Demonstrated experience in qualitative software such as Atlas. ti, NVivo, Open Code
. Excellent data organization, programming, and communication skills are required, as is the ability to work effectively in team setting
. Profound knowledge and experience in conducting a behavioral survey, development of the survey tools, training research staff, conducting, supervising the bio-behavioral, and writing analytical reports as well as interpreting data and making recommendations;
. Experience in the area of HIV Key/priority population survey, STI and/or programmatic response
Additional Job Requirements
. Experience in quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis
. Excellent communication skills
. Excellent written and spoken English
. Ability to build rapport and feel comfortable working in a team
. Ability to read text, absorb and pick out the interesting, important and relevant parts
. Willingness to learn and develop skills
Note Interested applicants can register in Online through only ethiojobs.net send their CVs and relevant documents at the address given below within 7 days from the first appearance of the announcement
Remarks: Please attach copies of transcripts, academic degree or recommendation letters together with the application.