|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 25, 2021|
|Category|| Health Care / Medical |
|Job Type|| Contract |
Since April, 2019 HOPE WALKS-ET is implementing a three-year project entitled ‘National Clubfoot Program to End Clubfoot Disability” as part of global and wider initiatives to improve the access and quality of Ponseti Clubfoot Treatment in Ethiopia by supporting 41 clubfoot service points which are under FMOH. Program Interventions include provision of holistic Clubfoot treatment with Ponseti treatment and psychosocial support including transport assistance for families as per needed; provision African Clubfoot Training for clinicians and conducting mass and public sensitization about clubfoot and its treatment.
Under the responsibility of the Country Director in collaboration with the FMOH CSD Director, the CF and Rehab Technical Advisor is responsible for the technical support, representation and external coordination, reporting, result management as well as support to the program strategy.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide strategic advisory role to FMOH CSD Director the project’s inclusion portfolio;
- Ensure the technical quality and integrity of the project’s inclusion and program clubfoot and Rehab mainstream in the health care system
- Oversee development of tools, guidelines, and standards where necessary to improve program integration and implementation;
- Ensure programming is fully aligned with FMOH national Rehab and AT strategy;
- Contribute to project design, accountability, learning, monitoring and evaluation;
- Design and oversee clubfoot service assessment in the health care;
- Represent the project in national networks and key coordination forums when so requires;
- Build capacity of government and CBO counterparts and ensure coordination across stakeholders;
- Represent the project’s inclusion portfolio to partners and high-level government officials; and
- To facilitate and conduct 2 periodic programs Monitoring and 1 terminal evaluation in collaboration with the ministry
- Work together with national CF TWG to produce/enrich pre-service ACT Manual
- Working to produce clubfoot advocacy material
- Working to produce CF national service standards for the country.
- Developing CF SBCC materials in collaboration with MCH directorate and UNICEF.
- Developing SFAB production manual and get accredited from Ethiopian Standard Agency.
- Work together MCH directorate to include CF key messages in the "Family Health" application of the ministry.
- Work to produce 1 CF policy on accessibility in Amharic and English.
- Bridging communication among Hope Walks, FMOH and RHB through organizing semiannual review meetings.
- Producing CF periodic policy briefs to state ministers and Directors.
- Producing CF fact sheets to concerned bodies in collaboration with CF national TWG
- Undertake other activities upon request from both the HWs and FMOH CSD.
The position is based in Addis at FMOH under CSD but the post holder will be expected to spend his/her time in filed including traveling between operational bases in Ethiopia where clubfoot service points are located.
- Diploma, BSc, MSc in PT, P&O
- Previous 5++ related work experience
- Previous work experience working with FMOH on Rehabilitation