|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||February 24, 2021|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Keste Damena is seeking a Finance Manager who will eventually grow to become our Chief Financial Officer (CFO). The primary responsibility for our finance manager is someone who will plan, implement, manage and run all our financial activities, including business planning, budgeting, forecasting and negotiations. Our finance manager should also have the ability to maintain strong relations and always strengthen partnership alliances with banks and other major clients.
Finance Manager Duties and responsibilities of the job:
- As part of an executive management team, you will have close and key interactions with various members of the company, both senior and junior.
- We need someone who will provide strong leadership qualities, excellent direction and proven management skills within our finance and accounting team. The right person will lead by example, by doing the work, teaching and guiding individuals and bringing out the best in them.
- Someone who will provide strategic recommendations to the CEO/president and members of the executive management team about the financial vision.
- Perform risk management by analyzing the organization’s liabilities and investments.
- Someone who understands financial laws, tax laws, and learns and understands our company’s structure very well.
- The right Finance Manager will be able to strategically manage the process of the entire financial forecasting and budgets, and oversee the preparation of all financial reporting regardless of asked or not.
- The right Finance Manager who will grow to become a CFO will advise the company on long-term business and financial planning.
- Someone who is able to establish and develop strong relations with senior management and even external partners and stakeholders in order to constantly reach expected target goals.
- The right finance manager will be extremely proficient in the use of MS Office and financial management software, IFRS reporting, ERP software knowledge, etc.
- The right finance manager will be good at reviewing all formal finance, HR and IT related procedures and understand how it will comes together.
- We are seeking someone who is very comfortable with numbers and has a sharp analytical mind.
The role of a finance manager here at Keste Damena is a very senior position, hence we are looking for a high level of experience and we ask anyone who applying for this role to read and understand this clearly so we don’t waste each other’s time. A Bachelor’s Degree in one or more of the following will be expected for this role:
- Finance or Economics
An MBA is also highly desirable. At least 10 years' experience in the finance industry and managing a team is a MUST – with examples of when you have demonstrated excellence in the workplace. Again, we are looking for someone to start as a Finance Manager and to be promoted as our CFO.
The candidate must display a cohesive ability at interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and written. You must be able to engage with staff at all levels of the organization and exercise sound judgment. This truly is the role of a leader and not a boss.
Women applicants and persons with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Interested and qualified candidates shall submit their motivation letter along with their non-returnable recent CV via or Email: email@example.com