|Location||Remote location/online., Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||September 9, 2020|
|Category|| Communication |
|Job Type|| Contract |
EXTERNAL SHORT TERM CONSULTANCY (3 MONTHS)
CHATBOT PROJECT CONTENT EDITOR
(Job Ref: SOS/9/1)
Established in 1949, SOS Children's Villages International (CVI) is a dynamic, international social development organization working globally to meet the needs and protect the interests and rights of children without parental care and those who are at the risk of losing it.
Within the Eastern and Southern Africa region, SOS CV International is headquartered in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia and has member associations in Nigeria, Ghana, Ethiopia, Sudan, South Sudan, Somalia/Somaliland, Djibouti, Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, Burundi, Zambia, Malawi, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, South Africa, Lesotho, Swaziland, Botswana, Namibia, Mauritius, Angola and Madagascar.
CONTEXT OF THE POSITION
SOS Children's Villages International is developing new ICT project based on AI/chatbot technology to support the Learning and Development of the caregivers of our programmes. We are looking for short term external consultant to support various content editing and knowledge-based development tasks for the project as per the following tasks and conditions.
CONSULTANCY TASKS AND DELIVERABLES
- Collect training and learning content from team of care programme development experts in various parenting areas.
- Edit and proofread the content provided by the experts’ team and simplify its’ language to be on an easily understandable level.
- Transform the collected content to become on a form of meaningful Q&As to build multiple comprehensive knowledge-base for the integration in the system.
- Develop multiple synonyms formulations for the Q&As simulating different human beings interaction with the chatbot.
- Analyse users’ unanswered questions as generated by the system and validate the existence of matching answers in the knowledge-base.
- Map users’ unanswered questions with existing appropriate answers in the knowledge-base
- Compile list of unanswered questions where no qualifying answer exists in the knowledge-base and submit it to the content experts’ team for feedback.
- Update the knowledge-base with the new/revised questions based on the content performance check.
WORK EFFORT AND CONSULTANCY DURATION:
This consultancy is based on 20 hours per week for a duration of 3 months.
Remote/online. The consultant will be fully responsible of arranging the necessary ICT tools and connectivity directly on her/his side to fulfil the tasks of the consultancy.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCES
- Proven experience on communication tasks including editing, proofreading, correspondence writing and formal external communication materials.
- Proven experience on data analysis.
- Proven knowledge with NGOs sector, programme development, child welfare, child safeguarding topics and policies.
- Advanced English skills.
- Advanced ICT Skills especially in Microsoft Excel.
- Knowledge on chatbots technology and knowledge-bases are plus.
- Performance and deliverables oriented.
- Five to eight years of experience in similar job.
If you believe you are the right candidate for any of the above position, please send your detailed curriculum vitae (CV), and photocopies of academic certificates.
Applications should be submitted electronically indicating the position you are applying for in the subject line and send to the address given. All applications should be submitted not later than 14th, September 2020.
Applications that are late do not have a CV or certificates attached will be disqualified. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
E-mail: Applications including at least three traceable referees should be sent electronically to: ESAF.HROD@sos-kd.org.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.