|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||November 10, 2021|
|Category|| Engineering |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Responsible to manage all aspects of maintenance staff daily. Directs, coordinates and performs routine, preventive and emergency interior / exterior maintenance and repairs to obtain optimum efficiency and economy of hotel operations.
Directs the Engineering staff, accounting/budgeting, asset protection, inventory control and human resources.
CHIEF ENGINEER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Familiar and complies with the hotels mission and standards in performing maintenance activities.
- Maximize maintenance team potential with a balanced focus on operations, guests, employee and owner’s satisfaction.
- Represents the engineering department during the daily HOD morning meetings.
- Prioritize, plan, schedule assign and supervise the engineering department staff.
- Oversee the maintenance tasks, work orders and special projects ensuring timely and accurate completion.
- Respond to guest's maintenance needs promptly and ensure guests receive professional, efficient prompt and courteous service to hotel standards.
- Maintain the physical appearance and operational efficiency of the hotel including physical. mechanical, electrical, plumbing etc.
- Installation & maintenance of all equipment related to HVAC, DG Sets, Water treatment, Fire Safety etc.
- Ensure proper records are kept relating to all plant and equipment for the hotel including repair and service records.
- Prepare reports as required by the Housekeeping Manager and General Manager.
- Ensure that stores have adequate stocks of materials, equipment and tools and are kept in a clean and safe environment.
- Take responsibility for the cleanliness and safety aspects of all plant and mechanical equipment rooms.
- Attend all Facility Management/Property meetings as required, passing on necessary information to the maintenance team in regular junior staff meetings.
- Ensure the proper use and periodic maintenance of all equipment.
- Perform daily and weekly property document inspections.
- Ensure property, grounds, physical plant and work areas are maintained to standard and that all safety equipment and conditions are to code.
- Establish and maintain department equipment and supply inventory levels appropriate to property requirements
- Provide training to staff on supplies, inventory, maintenance and ordering procedures.
- Train engineering department staff on correct maintenance procedures and assists in repairs as needed.
- Maintain, monitor and test hotel's emergency and security systems, features like Fire Alarm, CCTV, baggage scanners etc.
- Discuss with GM / Owner / Department heads on maintenance status and inspection reports.
- Respond to corporate and management inquires.
- Develop, implement, and direct all emergency programs.
- Develop, implement and manage energy conservation programs for the property to minimize expenses.
- Coordinate with the equipment suppliers for AMC and any outstanding issues.
- Ensure maintenance staff is wearing proper uniforms with name tag and upholds hotels grooming and hygiene standards.
- Responsible for quality service, meeting/exceeding financial goals, short and long term planning and day-to-day operations.
REPORTS TO: General Manager
- Advanced knowledge of Hotel management/engineering with positive attitude, Good communication skills and Committed to delivering a high level of customer service.
- Bachelor of Science, Diploma or college degree in Electrical or Civil engineering preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years maintenance experience and 3 years supervisory or manager experience in engineering hotel department.
Interested applicants can submit their applications, non-returnable CV’s, copies of document and other relevant testimonies to Intercontinental Addis Hotel Guinea Conakry (Tito) Street, Kazanchis, at Human Resource office during office hours from Nov 8, 2021 up to Nov 13, 2021. On the other option you can send an email to the hotel at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information call us 0115180444.
You must mention the name of the position you are applying for in the subject line of the email.