|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 7, 2020|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) of a company has primary responsibility for the planning, implementation, managing and running of all the finance activities of a company, including business planning, budgeting, forecasting and negotiations.
- Provide strategic direction and management of the Finance and Accounting functions and ensures alignment to company's goals leading to value creation
- Participate in preparation of the Annual Plan and Strategic Business Plans that improve the efficiency and long-term profitability of the business
- Ensure the design of a robust business-decision-making framework, driving through process improvements and change initiatives that enable the budgeting, forecasting and reporting to be carried out in a consistent and effective manner
- Proactively participate in benchmarking studies of peers including but not limited to pricing, COGS, overheads, processing costs along with cash flows and balance sheet ratios
- Ensure compliance with the company's policies, procedures, and local statutory regulations. Manage Statutory and Internal Auditors
- Protects and preserve the company's assets to comply with financial reporting and control requirements
- Establish company-wide standards for systems, data, and processes and initiate periodic updates of financial policies and procedures
- Conduct/review financial feasibility studies of new projects to assure that those projects are in line with company's investment/business strategy
- Build constructive relationships with key financial institutions and assure that all loan covenants are compiled with
- Review the daily bank status reports and cash flow forecasts and initiate the necessary directive to optimize the use of cash across company's operations.
- Identify and plan for foreign exchange requirements and currency exposure
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor of Arts in Business Management, Business Administration or relevant field; MSc/MA is a plus
- Experience 10+ years and minimum of 5 years in Manufacturing Managerial positions
- Experience in planning and budgeting
- Knowledge of business process and functions (finance, HR, procurement, operations etc.
- Strong analytical ability
- Excellent communication skills
- Outstanding organizational and leadership and problem-solving skills