|Location||Dukem/Bishoftu, Oromia, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 30, 2020|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
East African Lion Brands Manufacturing Share Company, founded in 1993, is a manufacturer of FMCG products, based in Dukem (Bishoftu) Industrial Park, 70 acres of land area, about 40 Km west of Addis Ababa. EALBI currently manufactures and sell products in three categories;
- Home Care: Laundry Soap, Detergent
- Personal Care: Skin Care, Hair Care, Bath Products
- Food: Fortified Food, Biscuits
EALBI has implemented the ISO 9001:2008 quality management system and continues to invest in modern technology for increased manufacturing capacity and efficiency. Comprising of structured and professional management, EALBI currently employs over 500 employees greatly contributing to reducing the country’s employment with the vision of being the most admired Ethiopian branded consumer packaged goods company.
East African Lion Brands Industry SC is currently looking for potential candidate to fill Chief Financial Officer (CFO) position.
Typical Responsibilities - Key end Results of the Position:
- Act as Chief Financial Officer and strategic business partner to senior executive leadership team
- Assess and evaluate financial performance of organization with regard to long-term operational goals, budgets and forecasts.
- Communicate, engage and interact with Board of Directors, CEO, COO and Executive Leadership Team
- Provide insight and recommendations to both short-term and long-term growth plan of organization.
- Direct and oversee all aspects of the Accounting & Finance functions of the organization
- Mentor and develop the accounting and finance team, managing work allocation, systems training, performance evaluations, and the building of an effective and efficient team dynamic.
- Make sure the company has adequate internal controls
- Collaborate with senior leaders to develop financial strategies and shape the strategies with overall company strategy
- Provide strategic financial recommendations based on financial analysis, projections, and revenue/expense analysis
- Develop and oversee effective implementation of Company financial policies and procedures and ensure relevant government regulations are understood and duly observed by all concerned.
- Develop and promote a framework to drive financial acumen and accountability across the Company.
- Able to understand and implement Financial Analysis, Budgeting and Forecasting
- Prepare and present monthly financial budgeting reports including monthly profit and loss by division, forecast vs. budget by division and weekly cash flow analysis.
- Review and analyze monthly financial results and provide recommendations.
- Identify, develop and execute analysis of business initiatives, product launches and/or new service offerings.
- Develop and maintain monthly operating budget and annual company operating budget.
- Oversee the preparation and presentation of financial reports, budgets and projections, and provide advice and analysis for senior management and other managers.
- Review the general ledger structure, chart of accounts, policies and procedures to enable financial statement preparation and compliance with all required financial audits.
- Establish efficient workflows and business processes to meet the need of financial information of multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Define annual financial performance target, financial indicators, performance targets, and monitor and evaluate accordingly in collaboration with senior management.
- Able to understand Accounting, General Ledger, Administration and Operations
- Supervise the accounting department to ensure the proper functioning of all systems, databases and financial software. Provide regular maintenance and backup of all accounting systems and supervise company financial staff.
- Oversee the preparation and communication of weekly, monthly and annual financial statements.
- Oversee the preparation and timely filing of all local, state and federal tax.
- Oversee the month-end close process, constantly reviewing procedures while eliminating inefficiencies.
- Serve as a key point of contact for external auditors; Manage preparation and support of all external
- Follow up compliance with tax and other regulatory and prudential requirements and guidelines and ensure timely and accurate payment of all tax and pension obligations to the concerned authorities.
- Remain current on audit best practices as well as state, federal and local laws regarding company operations
Number required: 1
Reports to: CEO
Duty Station: Dukem/Bishoftu
Employment Type: Permanent
Educational Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance, MBA and related fields
- ACCA/CPA is a plus
- 3 years minimum experience as a CFO in a large company, FMCG experience is a plus
- 7+ years total accounting or finance experience
- ERP Sage 300 Premium experience and skill
- Outstanding knowledge and understanding of IFRS and Ethiopian tax law
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, confidence and executive presence – ability to motivate staff.
- Excellent analytical, reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Significant experience working with external auditors, internal controls and compliance-related issues.
Skills Specific to the Post
- A good communication skill, fluent in English is essential.
- Attention to details with ability to review own work.
- Good knowledge of influencing others.
- Good report writing skill.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Decision making skills.
- Effective verbal and listening communication skills.
Interested applicants should send scanned copies of their CV, application letter, 3 professional references; including the professional relationship with the person, the person’s telephone number and if possible, an email address and other supporting documents. In their application letters, candidates should also state current and expected salary, and the date they will be available if selected for the position s/he is applying for.
Only successful candidates who meet the required experience & qualifications for this position will be contacted for an assessment.
Applications should be sent to:
- To: Corporate Human Resources
NB: only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted for assessment.
EALBI is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We value and seek diversity in our workforce.