Chief Information Officer (CIO)
|Location||Addis Ababa-Head Office, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 4, 2021|
|Category|| IT / Information Technology |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
1. Reporting to: The President of the Bank
2. Job Summary/ Basic Functions:
Under the general direction of the President, plans, organizes, directs, coordinates and controls the overall activities of the IT Department; ensures that the IT systems necessary to support operations are in place and addresses the requirements of the bank; ensures that the core banking solutions operate uninterrupted in all branches and are free from security threats; periodically evaluates the current capabilities of existing systems and develops a plan for upgrading the IT systems of the Bank; must have solid IT background in Banking industry and consistently keep-up to date with advancements in the field.
3. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans, organizes, directs and supervises all telecommunications and infrastructure services including hardware installation, repair, replacement, connection, monitoring, security and backups;
- Schedules, prioritizes, assigns, and reviews the work of IT staff; monitors workload, deadlines, goals and progresses;
- Coordinates activities by scheduling work assignments, setting priorities, and directing the work of subordinate employees;
- Provides guidance to the systems, programming, and operation staff in the solution of hardware/software related problems;
- Directs all telecommunications and infrastructure services including hardware installation, repair, replacement, connection, monitoring, security and backups;
- Directs the continued evaluation and updating of the website of the Bank;
- Evaluates emerging technologies and identifies hardware, software, and other resources necessary to accomplish the IT functions of the bank; recommends purchase of hardware/software required for the operation of the bank;
- Establishes IT operation standards, policies and procedures; recommends improvements in the existing IT systems to simplify operational and reporting procedures and improve performance standards.
- Ensures that the IT policies and procedures, operational plans, security policies, disaster recovery plans and IT auditing operations of the Bank are properly implemented;
- Ensures that the core banking system of the Bank runs smoothly with no interruption; assesses regularly possible scenarios of failures and devices appropriate solutions ahead of time;
- Reviews regularly the security status of the Banking solutions and takes appropriate preventive measures.
- Ensures that the reporting requirements of the various departments are addressed by the core banking and other IT solutions;
- Identifies staff development and IT training needs and ensures that training are provided to IT and other staff members of the bank;
- Prepares periodic reports on the overall operations of the IT department and submits to the management of the Bank;
- Prepares and implements the annual budget for information technology activities of the bank;
- Undertakes performance evaluation of his subordinates; and
- Performs other related duties as required.
Requirements (Job Specifications):
M.SC. or First Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or related fields with 8/10 years of experience in IT jobs; of which four years in managerial positions.
- Thorough knowledge of IT principles, concepts and practices
- Considerable knowledge of the bank core banking systems
- Ability to coordinate and direct subordinates
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Computer application skills
All interested and qualified applicants who will apply for the vacant post shall:-
- send his/her application letter, CV and non-returnable copy of other supporting documents directly to ADDIS INTERNATIONAL BANK S.C, HR & FACILITY MANAGEMENT DEPARTMENT, P.O.BOX: 2455, ADDIS ABABA, ETHIOPIA, OR
- apply online via www.ethiojobs.net or submit in person on or before the deadline date.
- state three reference (his/her previous immediate supervisor who have detail knowledge about his/her performances) in his/her CV from current and/or former employment.
For further information, please call /visit us