|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||December 20, 2022|
|Category|| Management |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Beza Posterity Development Organization (BPDO) established in 2000 is an indigenous, non-profit making, non-governmental humanitarian organization working on Health, Socio economic, capacity building and advocacy Programs in multiple regional states of the country: Amhara, Addis Ababa, Afar, Dire Dawa, Harar, Somali, Gambella, Benishangul Gumuz and Tigray regions in collaboration with various international NGOs, government offices and structures, and community-based organizations. BPDO is legally registered and licensed by the FDRE Agency for Civil Society Organization Proclamation No. 1113/2019 as local NGO with registration No of 1221. BPDO’s head office is currently located in Addis Ababa.
BPDO is looking for a Chief of Party (COP) for its USAID funded HIV prevention, testing and treatment key populations Activity in Amhara region.
The COP will have overall responsibility for coordination of all USAID HIV Amhara key populations project activities and staff. S/he will be responsible for technical leadership and administrative oversight of the program. S/he will manage a team of senior staff and sub-partners and ensure quality, timeliness, and efficiency of all products and activities generated under the project. The Chief of Party shall be expected to have regular communication and working relationship with the Agreement representative Officer (AOR) at USAID. He/she will also receive overall Strategic guidance from the Chief Executive Director of BPDO.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership and strategic direction to ensure programmatic and financial integrity of the project and to achieve rapid and sustained goals, objectives and targets
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with the donor, Ministry of Health, as well as implementing partners, private sector partners and other key stakeholders to maximize resources and avoid duplication of effort
- Ensure that project is technically sound, evidence-based and responsive to the needs of the community as well as the government and donors
- Ensure compliance is achieved inline with USAID standard provisions and regulations and BPDO policies & Procedures, adapting organizational system as well
- Ensure the quality and sustainability of interventions particularly in the areas of HIV testing and counseling, combination prevention, HIV care and treatment, structural interventions, integration, gender equity and capacity building
- Oversee the quality, preparation, and timely submission of project reports to donor Collaborate with project team to build capacity within HIV prevention, care and treatment for key and priority populations
- Demonstrated understanding of comprehensive HIV/AIDS program and knowledgeable in the area of HIV/AIDS prevention and treatment particularly relevant to key and priority populations in the region.
- Prepare monthly action plan and submit to Executive director for follow up& performance evaluation.
- Conduct regular supervision to project sites, LIPs& Key partners for the best interest of organizational as well as project accomplishment
- Develop organizational thinking for any resource management and Support SMT delivering key strategical issues
- Lead the annual work planning process in close collaboration with the donor, Ministry of Health, sub partners and organizational management team.
Ensure compliance with donor operational policies and regulations
- Demonstrated capacity to build and maintain productive working relationships with a wide network of partners and stakeholders.
- Experience &willingness in interacting positively with government agencies, host country governments and counterparts, and international donor agencies is desirable.
- Responsible for ensuring Subrecipients’ award management systems and financial controls comply with organizational &USG rules and regulations.
- Manage the acquisition and supply of project financial and human resources for the efficient and accountable management and reporting of program achievements and finance.
- Support monitoring, evaluation and learning ongoing basis including unified data base system.
- Demonstrated strategic vision, professional reputation, ability to create synergies where applicable, interpersonal skills, and written and oral presentation skills in English to fulfill the diverse technical, managerial and administration requirements of the project description as required.
- Ensure granular data analysis is conducted to inform the programming and appropriate measures are taken on a timely basis
- Lead sharing of best practices and lessons learnt to donor, government and other stakeholders for possible scale-up
- Cultivate a culture of innovation to address needs to the most affected and hard-to-reach key and priority populations through adaptation of local and international best practices
- Contribute to fund raising efforts made by BPDO
- Performs any other duties as assigned by the Executive Director
Reports to: Executive Director
Duration of employment: 9 months
Location: Addis Ababa with periodic site visit requirement to Amhara region
Qualification, Experiences, and other requirements
- Master's degree in health and related professions with Eight years and above of experience in HIV programming, preferably HIV key populations program, and PEPFAR experiences.
- Strong familiarity with managing USAID cooperative agreements and sub-grants management
- Demonstrated experience with multi-partner programs and working with local organizations.
- Demonstrated experience in monitoring, evaluation, and learning within the project context.
- Experience with USAID processes and procedures, rules, and regulations required Additional skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to make sound judgments and decisions and offer innovative solutions.
- Good presentation and facilitation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in the English language
- Skills in MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, information management systems