|Location||Kombolcha, BPDO head office, Amhara, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 29, 2020|
|Category|| Health Care / Medical |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Beza posterity development organization /BPDO/ is an indigenous, non-profit making, non-governmental humanitarian organization working on three programmatic interventions like Health, Socio economic, capacity building and Advocacy programs in four regional states of the country.
Currently BPDO has entered a project agreement with USAID to implement HIV Prevention, Testing and Treatment Services for Key Populations activities in all woredas of Amhara region. As per this BPDO wants to recruit interested applicants who fulfilled the minimum requirements as an employee.
The COP will have overall responsibility for coordination of all project activities and staff. S/he will be responsible for technical leadership and administrative oversight of the program. S/he will manage a team of senior staff and sub-partners and ensure quality, timeliness, and efficiency of all products and activities generated under the project. The Chief of Party shall be expected to have regular and transparent communication with the AOR/USAID. He/she will also receive overall Strategic guidance Executive Director of BPDO.
- Provide leadership and strategic direction to ensure programmatic and financial integrity of the project and to achieve rapid and sustained goals, objectives and targets
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with the donor, Ministry of Health, as well as implementing partners, private sector partners and other key stakeholders to maximize resources and avoid duplication of effort
- Ensure that project is technically sound, evidence-based and responsive to the needs of the community as well as the government and donors
- Ensure the quality and sustainability of interventions particularly in the areas of HIV testing and counseling, combination prevention, HIV care and treatment, structural interventions, integration, gender equity and capacity building
- Oversee the quality, preparation, and timely submission of project reports to donor
- Collaborate with project team to build capacity within HIV prevention, care and treatment for key and populations
- Demonstrated understanding of comprehensive HIV/AIDS program and knowledgeable in the area of HIV/AIDS prevention and treatment particularly relevant to key and priority populations in the region.
- Lead the annual work planning process in close collaboration with the donor, Ministry of Health, and organizational management team.
- Ensure compliance with donor operational policies and regulations
- Demonstrated capacity to build and maintain productive working relationships with a wide network of partners and stakeholders. Experience in interacting positively with government agencies, host country governments and counterparts, and international donor agencies is desirable.
- Responsible for ensuring Subrecipients’ award management systems and financial controls comply with USG rules and regulations.
- Manages the acquisition and supply of project financial and human resources. For the project
- Supports the efficient and accountable management and reporting of program achievements and finance.
- Supports monitoring, evaluation and learning on an ongoing basis including unified data base system .
- Demonstrated strategic vision, professional reputation, ability to create synergies where applicable, interpersonal skills, and written and oral presentation skills in English to fulfill the diverse technical, managerial and administration requirements of the project description as required.
- Performs any other duties as assigned by the Executive Director
- A Master's degree in health and related professions
- 10 and Above years of experiences in advocacy for persons living with HIV, direct management of local civil society and PEPFAR experiences.
- Strong familiarity with managing USAID cooperative agreements and sub-grants management
- Demonstrated experience with multi-partner programs and working with local organizations.
- Demonstrated experience in monitoring, evaluation and learning within the project context.
- Experience with USAID processes and procedures, rules and regulations required
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with ability to make sound judgment and decisions and offer innovative solutions.
- Good presentation and facilitation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English language
- Skills in MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, information management systems