|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||September 1, 2020|
|Category|| Health Care / Medical |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The COP shall have overall responsibility for managing and reporting on project activities; making key decisions and solving problems in short time frames while maintaining operational and program quality and integrity; and serving as the Recipient’s first point of interface with USAID on strategic and regular project matters. S/he is expected to establish and maintain good working relationships with a wide network of local implementing partners, government agencies and other key stakeholders.
- Provides overall leadership, program supervision, and project management.
- Makes key decisions and solves problems while ensuring operational and program integrity.
- Serves as the chief liaison with USAID and government on project-related matters.
- Manages the acquisition and supply of project financial and human resources.
- Supports the efficient and accountable management and reporting of program achievements and finance.
- Supports monitoring, evaluation and learning on an ongoing basis.
- Ensures that procedures are established and complied with for development, selection, design and implementation of grants.
- Provides effective coordination of activities with those of relevant government and other organizations’ activities
- Leadsthe development and review of annual work plans and budgets; and the preparation and submission of reports to meet USAID requirements.
- Supervises and support project technical staff.
- Ensures the quality and timeliness of all deliverables.
- A minimum of Master’s degree in Health and related professions with five years of experience
- Ten years of experience in advocacy for persons living with HIV, experience in direct management of local civil society
- Strong familiarity with managing USAID cooperative agreements and sub-grants
- Ability to efficiently coordinate and manage field offices and field teams and to create and/or maintain systems and procedures for managing programs with many implementation sites, partners and beneficiaries.
- Demonstrated experience with multi-partner programs and working with local organizations.
- Demonstrated experience in monitoring, evaluation and learning within the project context.
- Demonstrated and progressively increasing experience in designing, implementing and managing complex projects involving multiple partners
- Management experience with a USG cooperative agreement and PEPFAR is highly desirable.
- Experience with USAID processes and procedures, rules and regulations required.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with ability to make sound judgment and decisions and offer innovative solutions.
- Ability to maintain and manage strong relations, both internally and externally.
- Good presentation and facilitation skills.
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English language
- Skills in MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, information management systems.
Location :Addis Ababa
Interested candidates are invited to submit their CV and application letter through the organizations email address [email protected] within 10 working days from the date of announcement.
Women and Persons with disability are highly encouraged