|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 25, 2020|
|Category|| Health Care / Medical |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Organizational and Program highlights
Integrated Service on Health and Development Organization (ISHDO) is registered non-governmental organization. ISHDO has been funded by USAID Ethiopia under the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) initiative to implement a three years Family-focused HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment Program in Oromia Region. The Program will be implemented by ISHIDO in partnership with different local implementing partners. The activity aims to accelerate and sustain HIV epidemic control in Ethiopia through the delivery of high impact Family-focused HIV prevention, care, and Treatment Activity in 41 implementation areas selected from Oromia regional state.
The purpose of this award is to strengthen local HIV epidemic control to achieve 95 percent of individuals living with HIV know their status, 95 percent of persons living with HIV to initiate antiretroviral therapy and 95 percent of antiretroviral therapy clients achieve viral load suppression by 2020. HIV mitigation services for vulnerable children will focus on case discovery and linkage to HIV treatment among undiagnosed children living with HIV, on achieving better health outcomes through HIV viral load suppression and establishing interpersonal, family and community norms to achieve HIV and violence prevention (9 to 14-year-old children).
The COP shall have overall responsibility for managing and reporting on project activities; making key decisions and solving problems in short time frames while maintaining operational and program quality and integrity; and serving as the Recipient’s first point of interface with USAID on strategic and regular project matters. S/he is expected to establish and maintain good working relationships with a wide network of local implementing partners, government agencies and other key stakeholders.
- Provides overall leadership, program supervision, and project management.
- Makes key decisions and solves problems while ensuring operational and program integrity.
- Serves as the chief liaison with USAID and government on project-related matters.
- Manages the acquisition and supply of project financial and human resources.
- Supports the efficient and accountable management and reporting of program achievements and finance.
- Supports monitoring, evaluation and learning on an ongoing basis.
- Ensures that procedures are established and complied with for development, selection, design and implementation of grants.
- Provides effective coordination of activities with those of relevant government and other organizations’ activities
- Leads the development and review of annual work plans and budgets; and the preparation and submission of reports to meet USAID requirements.
- Supervises and support project technical staff.
- Ensures the quality and timeliness of all deliverables.
Required education and experiences
- A minimum of Master's degree in Health and related professions with five years of experience
- Ten years of experience in advocacy for persons living with HIV, experience in direct management of local civil society
- Strong familiarity with managing USAID cooperative agreements and sub-grants
- Ability to efficiently coordinate and manage field offices and field teams and to create and/or maintain systems and procedures for managing programs with many implementation sites, partners and beneficiaries.
- Demonstrated experience with multi-partner programs and working with local organizations.
- Demonstrated experience in monitoring, evaluation and learning within the project context.
- Demonstrated and progressively increasing experience in designing, implementing and managing complex projects involving multiple partners
- Management experience with a USG cooperative agreement and PEPFAR is highly desirable.
- Experience with USAID processes and procedures, rules and regulations required
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with ability to make sound judgment and decisions and offer innovative solutions.
- Ability to maintain and manage strong relations, both internally and externally.
- Good presentation and facilitation skills.
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English language
- Skills in MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, information management systems
Interested candidates are invited to submit their CV and application letter through the organizations email address email@example.com within 10 working days from the date of announcement.