|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 22, 2020|
|Category|| Business Administration |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
FDRE Land Bank Development Corporation (LBDC) is a newly established self-funded government enterprise tasked with creating a methodical and inclusive national landholding development, management and administration system for maximization of socio-economic gains.
LonAdd Consultancy Plc. is recruiting highly qualified professionals for this position on behalf of FDRE Land Bank Development Corporation (LBDC).
Purpose and reporting of this role
The Chief of staff reports to the Chief Executive Officer and plans and directs all administrative, financial and operational activities for the for LBDC’s CEO. The Chief organizes and prioritizes critical issues and required information for the CEO to facilitate efficient decision making. The chief also provides guidance to projects of high importance while serving as a direct link between also stakeholders and the CEO.
Objectives of this role
- Oversee strategic business initiatives from development through successful execution under the guidance of senior leadership and departmental heads;
- Assist and communicate with executives in decision-making, program management, and initiative implementation;
- Review, design, and execute on improvements to org structure, find knowledge and skills gaps and help address them;
- Improve current processes and coordinate organizational procedures for optimized efficiency and productivity; Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as strategic advisor and counsel to CEO and manages CEO and Board agenda;
- Serve as liaison between staff, executives, senior leaders, and CEO, regarding company climate, employee well-being, project updates, and proposals;
- Assist the human resources department with new hires, including documentation and onboarding, and collaborate to address and resolve all employee concerns;
- Oversee daily operations through collaboration with senior management and department leaders, performing an array of administrative tasks from managing calendars, generating correspondence, maintaining hard copy and electronic files, planning and coordinating annual corporate meetings, and scheduling facilities
- Build and develop relationships with all employees for increased efficiency and effective responsiveness into existing operations, and help to define new operational strategies, working with CEO and executives on special projects
- Serve as a subject matter expert, handling inquiries and developing action plans to address them, and assisting with the preparation and dissemination of communications
Experience and Educational Qualifications
- Master’s degree or above in business development and administration, management, land development and administration, law, economics or any relevant field;
- 10+ years in corporate functions sector, business administration, operational management and managerial experience with professional teams with 5+ years in management and supervisory role;
Skills and Competencies
- Proven experience strategic thinking, stakeholder management, and business administration;
- Proven experience organizing and directing multiple teams and departments;
- Excellent communicator in written and verbal form;
- Extremely versatile, dedicated to efficient productivity; Experience planning and leading strategic initiatives;
- Experience with data analysis;
- Experience in policy analysis
- Experience with budget management;
- Consulting experience with a focus on operations management;
- Proven success in a project coordination role;
- Nimble business mind with a focus on developing creative solutions;
- Strong project reporting skills, with a focus on interdepartmental communication;
- Excellent proofreading/editing skills; familiarity with diplomatic protocol;
- Attention to Detail – position requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks;
- Dependability – position requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Persistence – position requires persistence in the face of obstacles.
- Stress Tolerance – position requires accepting criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations;
- Initiative – position requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
- Adaptability/Flexibility – position requires being open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace.
- Leadership – position requires a willingness to lead, take charge, and offer opinions and direction.
- Analytical Thinking – position requires analyzing information and using logic to address work-related issues and problems.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Complex Problem Solving - Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Integrity –Position requires being honest and ethical.
- Judgment and Decision Making - Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Fluency in English and Amharic are required
- Additional national and international language skill is advantageous
Interested applicants with the appropriate qualifications and experience should submit their most recent and detailed CV only, via email to LBDCjobs@lonadd.com , by putting the Position Name (Press Secretariat) in the subject box.
For more information on the details of the positions, call 0115 505141 or 0115 588181 or check on our website www.lonadd.com
Application deadline: August 4th , 2020
Female applicants are highly encouraged.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.