|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||March 31, 2022|
|Category|| Management |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Child Protection Assistant Officer is responsible for implementing community-based child protection program in Sheder and Kebri Beyah Camps. He/she will oversee the prevention and response activities of the program that include working with the community, psychosocial support activities and case management.
Detailed Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Assist the team in the assessment of the living conditions of children in the camp and participate in the development of an appropriate strategy in addressing their needs.
- Facilitate the involvement of children and the community (leaders and parents) in the child-friendly space and document the progress made.
- Support (the incentive workers) team leaders and social workers in the monitoring, verification, and documentation of cases of children.
- Follow-up the preparation and implementation of case action plan and home visit conducted by the social workers.
- Carry out data Entry into the Child Protection Information System (CP IMS) database.
- Assist the child protection officer in facilitating and organizing appropriate care arrangement, and suitable alternative care system with close supervision and attention to the individual concerns of children.
- Through working with CP committees identify potential foster families for unaccompanied and separated children in collaboration with social workers and community leaders.
- Organize and facilitate positive parenting (Family Make the Difference) weekly sessions.
- Assist the child rights clubs to demonstrate to the community and the concerning bodies about protection concerns that children are facing and promote the participation of children in all matters affecting their lives.
- Organize and lead psychosocial support activities at (the Safe Healing and Learning Space (SHLS).
- Work closely with the CP Officer in the celebration of international events days and other awareness-raising sessions.
- Participate in UNHCR, other partners, and the team leaders in conducting the Best Interest Assessment to ensure the needs of children are addressed.
- Support the preparation of budget, work, and spending plans, and PR tracking to monitor the proper utilization of the budget and timely implementation of activities.
- Adhere and fully abide by the child protection code of conduct.
- Shall take any additional responsibilities as requested by supervisors.
Key Working Relationships:
The Child Protection Assistant Officers will directly report to the Child Protection Officers and child Protection Manger based in Jigjiga with additional oversight from the Senior CYPD Manager based in Jigjiga and the child protection assistant coordinator based in Addis Ababa.
- University Degree in Sociology or psychology preferred or any other social science fields
- 3 years of working with children experience for diploma holders or zero year with the first degree.
- 0 year of relevant working with children plus postgraduate degree.
- Experience in capacity building and mentoring.
- Good computer skills: MS Word and Excel.
- Good interpersonal and problem-solving skills and flexibility.
- Good understanding of CP program approaches and practice.
- Confirmed experience in developing competency-based training modules!
- Female applicants are encouraged to apply!