|Location||North Shewa Shewarobit, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||November 3, 2021|
|Category|| Business Development |
Health Care / Medical
|Job Type|| Full-time |
· Ensure the technical soundness, appropriateness and general quality in project design and planning
· Provide leadership into the project planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation; assess the outputs, outcomes and impact of program interventions and activities in the program unit.
· Oversee project implementation.
· Prepare and develop in consultation with appropriate stakeholders annual work plans and project plans.
· Under the Country Lead leadership contribute to the development of concept notes and proposals.
· Ensure effective and efficient management of financial resources, including review and check project budgets, monitoring expenditures, and implementing cost control measures.
· Ensure M&E and learning in close collaboration with the M&E team.
· Ensure quality and timely reporting and documenting of project activities including preparation of quarterly/yearly program progress reports.
· Ensure the mainstreaming of CP, Inclusion and DRR in your program area.
· Provide timely coordination and guidance in the delivery of child protection in emergencies programs
· Provide leadership in planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the child protection policy implementation standards at PU
Policy engagement and networking
· Serve as a principal representative to regional child protection thematic networks and clusters to promote effective program implementation, to create collaborative and positive partnerships and alliances, and to influence policy that maximizes the impact of the country program.
· Lead regional level inter-agency coordination mechanisms with UNHCR and ARRA and other implementing partners.
· Establish links and good relationships with relevant government authorities, NGOs, academic and research institutions and the media, in the area of child protection to draw information and knowledge for program efficiency and effectiveness.
· Makes follow up and proper documentation of regional government policies, strategies and plans with respect to education.
Partnership development and strengthening
· Periodically collect information on information about other organisations working within the region to gain institution knowledge of the environment.
· In support of the regional manager, manage the parternship in a holistic and reciprocal manner.
· Make it their business to know about other rorgnisation in the region.
· Seeks opportunities for different kinds of partnership for enhanced quality program implementation.
· Provide support to partner staff, coaching for results and support to the child protection thematic area team as well as in their individual development and performance management.
· Facilitates communication and interaction between partners/collaborators and Program Unit finance team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sociology, Law, Political Science and related fields with at least 5 years relevant experience of which at least four years’ experience with NGOs, based at AMHARA Region, at North Shewa in Shewa-Robit Area Demonstrated four years of experience in the management of child protection in emergencies projects.
· Knowledge of the child protection in emergencies sector.
· In-depth knowledge of project cycle management and child centred community development programming.
· Knowledge of development issues, trends, challenges and opportunities and implications to community development.
· Knowledge of Child Protection Policy (CPP) principles and procedures
· Knowledge of effective participatory Monitoring, Evaluation and Research systems and processes.
Skills Specific to the Post
· Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to build relationships with colleagues.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills, including presentation.
· Strong negotiation, influencing and problem solving skills.
· Numeracy and the ability to interpret financial data, in order to understand budgetary processes including planning, monitoring and reporting.
· Ability to analyze information and evaluate options including planning skills.
· Proficient in computer skills and use of relevant software and other applications.
The closing date for the application in 07 November 2021. Qualified candidates should submit the application using the link provided below:
This position is only open to Ethiopian Nationals, who must be eligible to live and work in Ethiopia.
More information about Plan International can be found on http://plan-international.org
References will be taken and background and anti-terrorism checks will be carried out in conformity with Plans Child Protection Policy. Plan operates an equal opportunities policy and actively encourages diversity, welcoming applications from all persons meeting the skills and experience required.
As an international child centered community development organization, Plan International is fully committed to promoting the realization of children's rights including their right to protection from violence and abuse. That means we have particular responsibilities to children that we come into contact with.
Plan International believes that in a world where children face so many threats of harm, it is our duty to ensure that we as an organization, do everything we can to keep children safe. We must not contribute in any way to harming or placing children at risk.
Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.