|Location||Telemt & Chagni, Amhara, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 6, 2021|
|Category|| Management |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Child protection in Emergency Officer (CPiEO) is responsible to ensure implementation of child protection service to emergency affected Children in humanitarian crises which has been created as result of the conflict between Ethiopian Federal Government and governing body of Tigray Regional State. The applicants, she / he will coordinate the programme at woreda level and make sure that the programme is implemented at target woreda / site level in line with the agreement made among Afar Region and Zonal signatory offices. The applicants. She/he will be providing guidance and support for social workers/volunteers/community service workers for the implementation of child protection case management and provision of services including identification, documentation, family tracing and re-unification (IDFTR), provision of psychosocial support (PSS) and core prevention and response to GBV She / he will ensure a periodic and timely reporting of response and child protection situation in target woredas of the intervention zones.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
· Develop and submit a work plan for the employment period to Afar field office
· Provide technical and management support for the implementation, monitoring and reporting of child protection in emergency programmes and ensuring that the following interventions included in the child protection priority focus areas are implemented, monitored and managed in a timely and effective manner.
- Provide technical support to stakeholders including Women and Children Affairs Office in the implementation of emergency child protection response plan. This includes ensuring that the efforts are aligned with existing government mechanisms and services to strengthen the sustainability of efforts.
- Based on needs assessment, support and facilitate capacity building of social workers and front line workers on violence, referral pathways, case management, community based child protection systems, community mobilization, integration of child protection into other programmes (multi sectoral programming); and psychosocial support as per capacity building plans. Monitor and report on results of capacity building efforts.
- Provide regular updates to the CPiE Coordinator and IDPs coordinator as well as child protection program coordinator on progress, priorities and constraints.
- Draft reports on the Case Management of Unaccompanied and Separated Children and Other Vulnerable Children as necessary/requested by the Child Protection Project Implementation Manager
Knowledge, Skills, Behaviors, and Experience:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Sociology, Psychology, Social work, Law, Polotical Science & International Relations, community development or other related field of social science studies.
· Strong experience (3yrs) in the child protection sector and technical understanding of CP data management, polices, conventions…etc.
· Experience of working with vulnerable children, including children outside of parental care.
· Experience in designing and facilitating of training and capacity building on child protection, counselling and/or case management technical areas with a variety of audiences.
· Experience in community mobilization and conducting outreach activities.
The closing date for the application in June 08, 2021. Qualified candidates should submit the application form found with this link http://ethiojobs.net/docs/Plan_Int_Application_Form.docx through www.Ethiojobs.net
This position is only open to Ethiopian Nationals, who must be eligible to live and work in Ethiopia.
More information about Plan International can be found on http://plan-international.org
References will be taken and background and anti-terrorism checks will be carried out in conformity with Plans Child Protection Policy. Plan operates an equal opportunities policy and actively encourages diversity, welcoming applications from all persons meeting the skills and experience required.
As an international child centered community development organization, Plan International is fully committed to promoting the realization of children's rights including their right to protection from violence and abuse. That means we have particular responsibilities to children that we come into contact with.
Plan International believes that in a world where children face so many threats of harm, it is our duty to ensure that we as an organization, do everything we can to keep children safe. We must not contribute in any way to harming or placing children at risk.
Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.