|Location||Mustahil Woreda of Shabelle Zone, Somali, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||September 30, 2021|
|Category|| Business Development |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Job specific roles and responsibilities
- Ensure that all IDPs children are benefited from the child protection services and follow up the day today activities of child Resilience session and community based child protection committees.
- Facilitate and lead community awareness raising and sensitization programs to promote positive values of the society towards children.
- Organise and conduct child resilience session for vulnerable IDP children and parents/caregivers in the IDPs due to drought in Adadle woreda of Sjabelle zone.
- Supervise and closely monitor the effective implementation of child resilience session
- Prepare monthly/weekly plan, implement and monitor child protection activities and ensure that program objectives and activities are in line with in the context of Save the children, values, aims and objectives.
- Follow up the proper functioning of the outdoor equipment in the IDPs schools by Save the children to render services in the principle of value for money.
- Implementation of emergency child protection program activities within the IDP camps and schools in project target sites
- Organize capacity building training on child resilience and psychosocial support for PTA, community based child protection committee, teachers/facilitators and other community structures, community members/representatives, parents/caregivers and vulnerable children to build their resilience in Adadle woreda of Shabelle zone Somali region.
- Ensure necessary attention is given to children of concern through the provision of case management, referral services, material and other psychosocial supports.
- Facilitate multi sectorial linkages at woreda level to prevent, protect and respond to child protection risks.
- Promote and improve quality service delivery to fulfil children’s right based on SCI vision, mission and values
- Establish/strengthen community based child protection mechanisms to prevent, respond, Report and protect children from abuse, exploitation and risks. .
- Produce and submit quality and analytical periodic reports to program coordinator.
- Take measures and recommend directions to improve the quality of child protection works and to maximize the benefit children should get from it.
- Identify, register and refer abused and exploited children for child protection services
- Share information on the progress and challenges of emergency child protection program activities with Save the children program staff and line manager and protection clusters as necessary.
Take measures and recommend directions to improve the quality of child protection works and to maximize the benefit children should get from it.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Science and humanities, Sociology, Psychology, Law or other related fields
- Minimum 2 years’ experience for BA or 4 years’ experience for Diploma in a similar role
- Excellent written and spoken English language and Somali language
- Experience in working in IDPs camps and drought affected in the area of child protection
- Willingness to work in hardship area and to work extra hours (when needed).
- Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
- Demonstrated skills in program planning, implementation and monitoring.
- Demonstrated skills in peer group training, Training of Trainers and development of training materials.
- Strong computer (Microsoft skills), all and interpersonal skills.
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Previous working experience in child protection in general and community based child protection mechanism and in particular child resilience, community mobilization and psychosocial support is preferable.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITY
· Position holder must have good interpersonal skills & excellent team player
· Knowledge of the local language (Somali language)
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at https://stcuk.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en