|Date Posted||August 31, 2020|
|Category|| Business Development |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
|Who we are|
SOS Children’s Villages Ethiopia is an International Non-governmental organization and a member of SOS Children’s Villages International Federation. We started our humanitarian work in Ethiopia with the opening of our first Village in Mekelle, Northern part of Ethiopia in 1974. Since then, we have expanded our programs to different regions where there are significant needs for intervention and where we believe we can work in partnership with all relevant actors to bring sustainable positive outcomes for children’s and young people.
Today, we have grown significantly to meet the persistent challenges that confront Ethiopian children who have lost parental care and those that are at risk of losing their parental care. Working in close collaboration with international donors, local government and community based organizations across seven program locations; we aspire that every child grows up with love, respect and security.
Why we need you?
|We are looking for a Child Protection Project Coordinator who will be responsible for coordinating and implementing child protection activities in the intervention area and the donor compliance and all stakeholders engaged in the project in collaboration with the Regional Coordinator and Child protection officer.|
What we provide...
An amazing work environment that promotes personal growth through providing professional space to grow and advance your career!
|As a Child Protection Project Coordinator, you will be in charge of the following:|
Up for the Challenge:
Then check out our criteria....
The Must Haves:
- BA/MA level in Social Work, Sociology, Psychology, Development Studies or similar, or equivalent field experience.
- Professional and technical experience matching the above-mentioned duties and responsibilities.
- Significant management experience (of at least 4 years) working in an emergency response context
- Significant coordination experience (of at least 4 years) working in an emergency response context
- Good knowledge of and experience in using established inter-agency standards and guidelines in child protection, such as the Inter-agency Guidelines on Separated and Unaccompanied Children, t the Minimum Standards for Child Protection in Humanitarian Settings.
- Previous experience of leading a team and of project management
- Experience of and commitment to working through systems of community participation and accountability
- Experience in monitoring and evaluating child protection programmes in emergency, transition and development contexts
- Ability to write clear project reports
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong influencing skills and experience in advocacy
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
- A high level of written and spoken English
- Afan Oromo and or Somali language proficiency is mandatory.
- The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances
- Commitment to and understanding of child rights, the aims and principles of SOS Children’s Villages Ethiopia, and humanitarian standards such as the Sphere Charter and the Code of Conduct.
Excited to take on a new Challenge...….
Then send us your application through
Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply
"Our selection process is a reflection of our engagement and dedication to acquire talents that promote a safe and enabling environment for children and young people"