|Location||Jijiga, Somali, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||January 26, 2020|
|Category|| Education / Teaching |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
|ROLE PURPOSE: The child protection project regional coordinator will lead the implementation, monitoring, and reporting of the Mainstreaming Socio-Emotional Learning/SEL and Parenting Skills Education project activities at the regional level. The Coordinator will coordinate resources to ensure proper and timely delivery of activities and will provide progress updates on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.|
She/he will closely work with Regional Bureaus of Women, Children and Youth Affairs in Oromia, Somali, and Southern Nations, Nationalities and People’s (SNNP) Regional States; and relevant Zonal and District Bureaus; UNICEF Implementing Partners in Oromia, Somali and Southern Nations, Nationalities and People’s (SNNP) Regional States and UNHCR (Protection Cluster Coordinator), UNFPA (GBV Area of Responsibility co-lead) in order to develop and roll out a validated SEL and Parenting Skills Education that can be utilized in humanitarian contexts in Ethiopia. The Project Coordinator will represent SCI at external forums/meetings at the regional level as required in consultation with the line manager.
Reports to: Child Protection Project Manager -Mainstreaming SEL and Parenting Skills Education Project
- Support the Project Manager based in Addis to conduct review and contextualization of Socioemotional Learning Package- Children’s Resilience Building Program: Psychosocial Support Program for in and out of school Children package for children 10-17.
- Assist the project manager review and contextualize the Parenting without Violence package for caregivers, diversified caregivers of children aged 0-5, 6-11 and 12-17.
- Support regional Roll Out of the packages to 180 trainees per package, including frontline facilitators and supervisors
- Provide on-job coaching to frontline facilitators in his/her respective area of assignment to ensure quality and fidelity of implementation.
- Participate in joint on-job coaching visits that shall be conducted by SCI and trained partners’ supervisors, using a structured feedback form.
- Facilitate the collection of baseline information which will allow the implementation of an evaluation at the completion of the intervention, highlighting key outcomes of the partnership and potential/implications for further scale-up.
|Monitoring, evaluation and quality assurance|
Stakeholders and partner management
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
- Commitment to Save the Children values
- A minimum of Bachelor Degree in Social Sciences, Sociology, Social Work or equivalent;
- At least 3-year experience in child protection in emergency programing
- Experience and understanding of Socio-Emotional Learning and Parenting Skill Education
- Knowledgeable on Save the Children’s Parenting Without Violence (PWV) common approach; Positive Discipline in Every Day Parenting (PDET), REAL (Responsible, Engaged and Loving Fathers) and Child Resilience programs.
- Demonstrated experience of report writing and presentation skills;
- Demonstrated experience of conducting training and providing capacity building to partners
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures;
- Ability to function independently with minimal supervision;
- Computer literate, fluent in English, both verbal and written, required
- Willingness to have regular travel to project implementation area;
- Knowledge of working language in the project area is an asset
to apply please send your cv and applications to the following likes