|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||October 27, 2021|
|Category|| Social Sciences |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Advisor for Child Safeguarding and Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) is responsible for leading organizational initiatives and providing technical support to ensure ChildFund International’s internal practices reflect the organization’s commitment. The advisor will work closely with senior leaders across divisions and in our country offices to ensure proper support and accountability measures are taken.
ChildFund International is committed to a workplace culture that promotes diversity, equity, and inclusion in all its forms. Furthermore, ChildFund International is committed to ensuring a workplace that safeguards and protects all children, including preventing their sexual exploitation and abuse, as well as preventing the sexual exploitation and abuse of its staff, partners, and program participants.
- Lead and manage organizational policy and procedure to prevent harm, exploitation, and abuse.
- Provide technical support to Safeguarding Focal Points in Country Offices (focused on safeguarding strategies within ChildFund Programming and developing partner capacity for safeguarding)
- Develop and roll out safeguarding training for staff and other key stakeholders as identified.
- Support organizational reporting and response mechanisms and action regarding safeguarding issues and/or violations.
- Lead internal onboarding and staff training on topics related to Child Safeguarding and PSEA.
- Facilitate organizational assessment to ensure ongoing review and strengthening of our internal business practices.
- Serve as external point persons (i.e., Interaction, Accountability Now, UNICEF) to ensure organizational commitments are appropriately addressed and fulfilled.
- Provide support and participate (as needed) in any internal investigations to ensure organizational response occurs in a timely and effective manner.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of training and experience which includes child safeguarding and prevention sexual exploitation and abuse in a international context.
- 5-7 years of experience working in an International Development organization providing technical support and leadership in the areas of child safeguarding and/or prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse.
- Demonstrated success in the collaborating with dispersed, geographic, and multi-disciplinary teams.
- Strong writing, reporting, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Strong computer skills, using Microsoft Office suite applications.
- Organized, team player, self-starter and results-oriented individual.
- Required to travel, up to 25%.
- French, Spanish, or Portuguese language skills a plus.