|Location||Ayseita and Aba’la,, Afar, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 30, 2020|
|Category|| Education / Teaching |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
ROLE PURPOSE: The Role of the Comprehensive Home-grown, Inclusive, Learning and Development School Feeding Project (CHILD SFP) Education officer will be leading the day to day implementation of the school feeding intervention in the target schools. This post will undertake supervision of Schools, coordinate delivery of programme goods, collect, analyse and forward programme information to the Project manager, organise and implement trainings for school personnel and volunteers, provide a conduit for information flow from the field to the head office, resolve programme related issues and liaise with appropriate stakeholders on community mobilization and participation in RSFP activities
- Provides leadership to school feeding staff and ensure compliance with school feeding standard operating procedures, organisational guidelines and policies.
- Providing capacity building, performance management, and direction on tasks
- Ensures compliance, including financial tracking and administration and reporting.
- Coordinates relationships with key stakeholders for the smooth and efficient implementation of project activities and to create a culture of learning and cooperation among partners and project staff.
- Ensures community participation and local authorities in project processes, including safeguarding of beneficiaries at all stages of the implementation of the project.
- Conducts monitoring and supervision visits to the schools to ascertain programme quality and compliance with set standards.
- Produces and share periodic, monthly, end of term and annual reports to inform programme direction.
- Advises the Project manager of issues arising which affect the proper operation of the programme.
- Resolves issues based on advice provided.
- Liaises with schools, local government, local community leaders and other organisations to ensure the efficient implementation of the programme.
- Provides feedback on the lessons learned from the implementation of field activities and make recommendations for improvements as required.
- Assists in the processing of advance requests and follow on the retirement of such advances.
- Develops activity expenditure plan and communicate the same to the Project Director.
- Participate in the development of annual programme budget.
- Manages the performance of School Feeding staff.
- Organizes logistics components to ensure programme supplies are in adequate measures in schools at all times.
- Ensures that organization assets and equipment are taken care of and that staff are practising due diligence.
- Monitoring, evaluation and quality assurance
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- At least a first Degree in Development studies, BSc in Nursing, Public Health, Nutrition, Education, Community Development.
- Experience in school feeding program at least three years and above preferably in NGO environment
- Experience in project management (at least 3 years), including project cycle management, proposal writing, budget management and donor reporting
- Good team leadership and conflict resolution skills, consensus team building, and adaptability
- Experience of delivering programs in tight deadlines
- Ability and willingness to work in remote and isolated location with ever-changing security Scenarios
- Experience in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Visio), web conferencing applications, and information and budget management systems.
- Experience of coordinating activities across locations and with roving position
- Knowledge of child safeguarding and protection
- Experience, preferably in SF/CP programs, with vulnerable children and youth
- Knowledge of the local language and Context of the duty station is required.
Qualified Candidates, please send your CVs and applications to the following link