|ROLE PURPOSE: The Role of the Comprehensive Home-grown, Inclusive, Learning, and Development School Feeding Project (CHILD SFP) WaSH officer will be leading the day to day implementation of the school feeding intervention in the target schools. This post will undertake supervision of Schools, coordinate delivery of program goods, collect, analyze and forward program information to the Project manager, organize and implement training for school personnel and volunteers, provide a conduit for information flow from the field to the head office, resolve program-related issues and liaise with appropriate stakeholders on community mobilization and participation in RSFP activities.|
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Provides leadership to school feeding staff and ensure compliance with school feeding standard operating procedures, organisational guidelines and policies.
- Providing capacity building, performance management, and direction on tasks
- Ensures compliance, including financial tracking and administration and reporting.
- Coordinates relationships with key stakeholders for the smooth and efficient implementation of project activities and to create a culture of learning and cooperation among partners and project staff.
- Ensures community participation and local authorities in project processes, including safeguarding of beneficiaries at all stages of the implementation of the project.
- Conducts monitoring and supervision visits to the schools to ascertain programme quality and compliance with set standards.
- Produces and share periodic, monthly, end of term and annual reports to inform programme direction.
- Advises the Project manager of issues arising which affect the proper operation of the programme.
- Resolves issues based on advice provided.
- Liaises with schools, local government, local community leaders and other organisations to ensure the efficient implementation of the programme.
- Provides feedback on the lessons learned from the implementation of field activities and make recommendations for improvements as required.
- Assists in the processing of advance requests and follow on the retirement of such advances.
- Develops activity expenditure plan and communicate the same to the Project Director.
- Participate in the development of annual programme budget.
- Manages the performance of School Feeding staff.
- Organizes logistics components to ensure programme supplies are in adequate measures in schools at all times.
- Ensures that organization assets and equipment are taken care of and that staff are practising due diligence.
- Monitoring, evaluation and quality assurance
- In coordination with MEAL coordinators, support the field office to design results-based monitoring and evaluation process for the programme.
- Supports that the MEAL plan is implemented.
- Leads the planning and regular review of project implementation.
- Manages knowledge and experiences from the learning process and replicate good practices.
- Ensures the proper utilization and use of monitoring and evaluation systems are put in place.
- Partner management and Capacity Building and Representation
- Ensures that partnerships are maintained and functioning properly as per signed contract agreement.
- Maintains regular communication and interaction with partners to facilitate and promote learning and information sharing.
- Provide technical support to partners in the course of project implementation.
- Documentation and Learning
- Oversees the proper documentation of experiences and lessons (including pictures and video documentation) learned in the course of programme implementation.
- Support the MEAL unit to organize and properly maintain database and information related to the programme.
- Facilitates and participate in studies and reviews related to the programme.
- Facilitates and ensure dissemination of information and study/reviews.
|SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)|
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparancy
- QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- B.Sc. Degree/Diploma in, Environmental health, Water Engineering, Water Supply and sanitation Hydro-geology/hydrology water management engineering, Environmental Engineering and other related field.
- 2/4 years respectively of experience in implementation of large scale construction projects, preferably WASH projects in humanitarian, NGO or Government organizations of relevant experience.
- Fluency in English language both spoken and written.
- Community mobilization and development, familiar with participatory approach
- Technical background and knowledge in environmental health and demonstrated work experience in designing & implementing sanitation and hygiene promotion programs and events
- Knowledge, training and experience in Community Lead Total Sanitation (CLTS) and community mobilization, /BCC/IEC materials preparation
- Knowledge, training and experience in WASH and community mobilization/SBCC program implementation
- Knowledge on and experience working through HDA structure and with communities
- Demonstrated skills in program planning, implementation and monitoring.
- Demonstrated skills in peer group training, Training of Trainers and development of training materials.
- Proficiency in spoken and written Tigrigna and English.
- Strong computer and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Knowledge of the local language and Context of the duty station is required.
Qualified candidate, please send your cv and application to the following link. https://stcuk.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobsearch.ftl
WARNING: Do not to pay any money to get a job. Please report fraudulent jobs to email@example.com