|Location||Sheno Tulefa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||October 15, 2020|
|Category|| Engineering |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
- Supervise each subcontractor to ensure that work meets quality standards and adheres to specifications.
- Assess the economic and technical feasibility of the alternates of constructor selection
- Recommend appropriate and preferred type of irrigation scheme and aggregation facilities (stores).
- Work with the project and other project staffs for the follow up and monitoring of the irrigation scheme,.
- Finalize and confirm the developed Terms of Reference (ToR) and or bidding document for the construction of aggregation facilities (stores) in the selected priority sites.
- Support and participate the tendering and contracting process for the construction and supervision of buildings
- Consult and provide guidance to project stakeholders and managerial staff regarding engineering requirements for construction of various designs, modifications, and structural repairs.
- Use design software and drawing tools to accurately render and communicate designs; plans and other necessary systems.
- Assess strength of foundations, and quality of input materials used for construction.
- Set design specifications by computing load and grade requirements, material stress factors,
- Monitor construction schemes based on the analysis of relevant materials such as drawings, blueprints, aerial photography, survey reports, maps, and other geologic and topographical data.
- Conduct environmental and social impacts of construction schemes.
- Estimate materials, equipment, and labour needed to determine project costs.
- Monitor project progress and ensures design specifications, safety, and sanitation standards are met.
- Provide leadership in initial planning stage by collaborating with clients, architects, engineers, or other involved parties; develops detailed description of jobs and materials necessary to complete project.
- Prepare and submits budget estimates of constructions and regularly communicates with functional line departments concerning budget progress and costs.
- Ensure adherence to the budget and, when unexpected complications or issues arise, makes quick and necessary adjustments and report to his/her line manager.
- Plan, coordinates, organizes, oversees, and directs activities regarding the construction and maintenance of assigned structures, facilities, and systems in the factory
- Ensure safety standards and guidelines are followed on the jobsite and that all safety codes are met in construction.
- Collaborate with clients, supervisory staff, contractors, and design professionals to discuss and resolve problems, including work procedures, complaints, and construction or design issues.
- Develop and maintains good working relationships with a variety of people, including owners, managers, designers, supervisors, tradespersons, and craft workers.
- On completion of a project, inspects, repairs, and maintains the structures as needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- The Engineer will work closely with the project team under the direct supervision of the consultant to deliver the following deliverables in a quality control and timely manner:
- Monitor and close follow up of the designing implementation to assure the quality and the practicality of the design.
- Monitor and supervision during the construction and implementation phase once an appropriate design is in place (i.e. checks key stages of payments according to the bill of quantity and measurements on the ground together with the PC
- Finalize and confirm the ToRs developed for the construction of stores and aggregation facilities for the final tendering step.
- Monitor and supervision during the construction and implementation phase of these stores and other buildings.
- Checks of key stages of payments according to the bill of quantity and measurements on the ground together with the PC
- Support with the tender / contractor evaluation process for all construction activities
Management and Implementation Responsibilities
The Engineer will be responsible for:
- Support the tendering and supplier and contractor selection process for all the construction works or irrigation scheme and storage facilities in the project;
- developing a sustainability plan for factory compound land escape management (operation and management manual).
- Monitor the implementation of the construction work, including checking and confirming at key stages of the construction process and payments for the stores and other constructions
- Contribute to the design of a realistic and appropriate gardening structure and construction mechanisms
- These essential functions are not to be interpreted as a complete statement of all duties performed. Employees will be required to perform other job related duties as required. All work responsibilities are subject to having performance goals and/or targets established.
Education, Qualifications & other knowledge
General Professional Experience:
- At least 2 and above years of professional experience in irrigation designing and construction engineering.
Specific Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering/Construction Engineering/Structural engineering required;
- Licensure as professional engineer (PE) required.
- Experience in similar geological conditions and terrain is an asset.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent record keeping and report writing skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Thorough understanding of civil engineering/Structural engineering principles, practices, and tools.
- Thorough understanding of safety regulations related to assigned projects.
- Ability to identify and solve complex problems.
- Ability to remain flexible and efficient in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to make intelligent and quick decisions, working well under pressure, and when faced with unexpected occurrences or delays.
- Ability to effectively multitask while analyzing and solving problems.
- Thorough understanding of engineering, architectural, and other construction drawings.
- Good understanding of land escape management and able to carry on structural orientation as needed