|Location||Dire Dawa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 22, 2021|
|Category|| Hospitality |
Hotel / Restaurant
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Required No: One (1)
About the Position
Dexis is seeking Cleaners to support a project with USAID’s Office of Transition Initiatives (OTI) in Ethiopia. This is a three-year contract to support activities that will strengthen democracy and national stability in Ethiopia. The Cleaners will maintain the cleanliness of the office, including daily sanitation, trash disposal, and supply management. This is a full-time position based in Dire Dawa, Ethiopia, with an immediate start date.
USAID's Office of Transition Initiatives (USAID/OTI) Ethiopia Support Program (ESP) aims to deliver fast and adaptable support that helps the Government of Ethiopia and civil society advance democratic reforms and enhance citizen engagement in the governance processes.
Dexis Consulting Group (Dexis) is USAID/OTI’s implementing partner in providing this assistance through ESP. Dexis Consulting Group (Dexis) is USAID/OTI’s implementing partner in providing this assistance. The post holder will report to HR Assistant and Officer Manager or designee.
- Clean the floors, windows, desks, chairs, restrooms, and kitchen for staff daily.
- Empty trash.
- Refill water bottles for office drinking water.
- Conduct small procurement of office related cleaning supplies and tools for work, e.g., from petty cash.
- Dust office furniture and equipment daily.
- Clean and clear and debris and dirty utensils.
- Identify and report major repairs needed to any part of the building to the supervisor.
- Prepare the conference rooms and refreshments for in-house meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least 1-2 years of experience in a similar position.
- Skilled in planning and organizing.
- Strong communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, work successfully in team environment, and maintain confidentiality.
- Fluency in spoken and written Amharic and English.
- Spoken and written English skills.
- High school diploma or equivalent level of education.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application/ motivation letter enclosed with only detail CV written in English as per the instruction stated below before 24 June 2021 through www.ethiojobs.net
No photocopies of educational/training certificates are required at this stage; applicant who doesn't follow the required application procedure will automatically be disqualified from the competition.
Only those applicants who meet the above requirement will be contacted for interview.
Dexis is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and does not discriminate based on race, color, sex, national origin, religion, pregnancy, disability, age, genetic information, military service, veteran status, ethnicity, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, childbirth, and related medical conditions, including lactation, or any other protected class under applicable law.
Dexis is not obligated to provide the offer based on this advertisement.
We strongly encourage qualified women to apply!
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap.