|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||April 10, 2020|
|Category|| Administration |
Hotel / Restaurant
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Are you passionate about driving programs focused on foreign assistance? Do you want to be part of an organization that offers meaningful assignments and opportunities to expand your skills and expertise? At Dexis, you will experience a corporate culture of inclusiveness, fairness, and trust. You will be given the means and mentorship needed to succeed, and your creativity will be rewarded.
About the Position
Dexis is seeking Cleaners to support a project with USAID’s Office of Transition Initiatives (OTI) in Ethiopia. This is a three-year contract to support activities that will strengthen democracy and national stability in Ethiopia. The Cleaners will maintain the cleanliness of the office, including daily sanitation, trash disposal, and supply management. This is a full-time position based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, with an immediate start date.
USAID's Office of Transition Initiatives’ (USAID/OTI) new support program aims to deliver fast and adaptable support that helps the Government of Ethiopia and civil society advance democratic reforms and enhance citizen engagement in the governance processes. Dexis Consulting Group (Dexis) will be USAID/OTI’s implementing partner in providing this assistance.
- Clean the floors, windows, desks, chairs, restrooms, and kitchen for staff daily.
- Empty trash.
- Refill water bottles for office drinking water.
- Conduct small procurement of office related cleaning supplies and tools for work, e.g., from petty cash.
- Dust office furniture and equipment daily.
- Clean and clear and debris and dirty utensils.
- Identify and report major repairs needed to any part of the building to the supervisor.
- Prepare the conference rooms and refreshments for in-house meetings.
- Other duties as assigned
- At least 1-2 years of experience in a similar position.
- Skilled in planning and organizing.
- Strong communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, work successfully in team environment, and maintain confidentiality.
- Fluency in spoken and written Amharic.
- Spoken and written English skills.
- High school diploma or equivalent level of education.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
Are you looking for a company that offers meaningful program assignments and opportunities to develop professional skills and expertise? At Dexis, staff are empowered to be part of the decision-making process and collaborate with colleagues and management across the company to satisfy our clients. We create transparency in our operations with our clients and employees; and we offer our people opportunities to grow and challenge themselves in meaningful ways. Dexis follows a "find a way or make a way" business directive, and we’re paving the way for innovative management solutions in the global development and security assistance arenas worldwide. As a Dexis employee you will be challenged, empowered, and mentored. That’s how Dexis goes "all in.” How will you?
If you are passionate about this opportunity, submit your application by clicking the apply for this job online button from the link below.
Only those applicants who meet the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.