|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 20, 2020|
|Category|| Business Development |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. IRC has been working in Ethiopia since 1999 and is implementing integrated, community-managed programs aimed at improving the quality of lives and recovery of livelihood of the disaster-affected population’s through promoting individual participation, strengthening institutions, and emergency response.
Scope/Summary of the Job
The Client Responsiveness (CR) Officer will be responsible for ensuring the implementation of client feedback channels which are relevant to clients and to program teams. These include design and administration of surveys, focus group discussions, community meetings, the toll free line, suggestion boxes and other active and reactive feedback mechanisms. The CR Officer will ensure that all data collected through the different channels is analyzed and reported to inform timely decision making. S/he will ensure that the Feedback Registry and other tools developed in CommCare and KOBO are fully functional, secure and being used by the MEAL Assistants and CR focal points in all field locations.
Position Reports to: Client Responsiveness Manager
Other Internal and/or external contacts: MEAL Coordinator and Client Responsiveness Advisor
· Ensuring that feedback channels for all sectors are in-place and appropriate for context in different field offices
· Setting up and managing the Feedback Registry and other tools developed in CommCare and/or KOBO to ensure that they are fully functional, secure and being used by the team in all field locations
· Supporting the Manager in capacity building on CR to MEAL and program staff in all field locations to ensure that client feedback and complaints are received, appropriately recorded and responded to in a timely manner
· Working with the MEAL team in the field to ensure that a proper and secure archiving system for both quantitative and qualitative data is in place and being use appropriately
· Conducting detailed data analysis for quantitative and qualitative data received through the different channels and presenting statistics in clear formats to highlight feedback trends to program and grants team
· Working closely with the Manager in preparing weekly, monthly and quarterly CR reports and presentations for sharing with the Senior Management Team
· Assessing the utility and efficiency of the established CR data management platforms and propose recommendations for improvements
· In collaboration with the Manager, supervising the work of MEAL Assistants and providing all the necessary support needed to accomplish their responsibilities
· Any other duties assigned by the supervisor
· Minimum of 3 years of proven experience for first degree and 2 years of relevant experience for postgraduate degree holders in International Relations, Development, Anthropology, Sociology, Statistics.
- Knowledge of standards on accountability to affected population, community engagement and participation
- Experience of analyzing and presenting data in a way that facilitates effective decision making
- Ability to develop relationships with clients and community members, acting as a community liaison focal point
- Driven, self-directed and the ability to handle multiple competing demands and commitments, and to work flexibly in a team
- Creativity, curiosity and enthusiasm, and the ability to develop and test new ways of working and solutions to problems
- Strong oral and written communications skills in English and Amharic
- Experience of working with refugees and/or IDPs, and an understanding of the communication channels and preferences of displaced people.
- Work experience in the humanitarian sector
- Experience in creating feedback mechanisms. These may include surveys, focus group discussions, hotlines, suggestions boxes, office open hours, community meetings etc.;
- Experience of providing capacity building, training and advice to colleagues on feedback mechanisms
- Experience of drafting reports using quantitative and qualitative data
- Strong Excel skills
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
The position will be based in Addis Ababa with frequent travel to field offices
Professional Standards: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and implements policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity Anti-Retaliation and Combating Trafficking in Persons
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols, and other supportive benefits and allowances.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer: IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Candidates who meet the above qualifications; please send your CV and application letter only through the following IRC career site.
Your application letter/cover letter must include the following information.
· Name of the position you have applied for
· Date of application
· Summary of your qualifications and experience
· Motivation/objective of why you have applied for the job
· Please include at least 3 references from current and former superviso