|Location||Wonchi AP, Oromia, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||September 8, 2021|
|Category|| Business Development |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Purpose of the position:
The purpose of this role is to coordinate, facilitate and manage the Afforestation and reforestation Projects at Wonchi other new A/R projects that will be started in addition,
The role will facilitate project interventions in the community aimed at to improve resilience capacity of household, children and community to the negative effects of climate change through: improved livelihoods, resilience to shocks and recovery from disaster as a result of improved ecosystem and household food security.
Communicate World Vision's Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others.
- Engage with and provide technical guidance to cooperatives, unions for assessing gaps/need with in the community for sustainable development planning, implementation of the same & forest management & SFSL plans of projects and GO line department staffs in the preparation, implementation and monitoring of plans for project interventions in the project operation areas/respective kebele administrations,
- Coordinate and carry out collection of carbon stock monitoring, water quality test, & bird survey data from the field level permanent sample plots, yearly stove monitoring, functionality & thermal efficiency test preparing data monitoring sheets, and ensure that data-collection protocols, A/R CDM PDD and A/R OMP, PoA & CPADDs are fully adhered to
- Prepare survey forms as needed, such as for household surveys, focus group discussions, and for collecting data from A/R & EECS projects site and cooperatives on the social issues,
- Analyze survey data, and present these results in reports that indicate best practice management of EECS project
- Facilitate and engage the community and stakeholders in participatory assessments to identify potentials, problems and development opportunities of project interventions,
- Coordinate and engage in preparation of knowledge sharing platforms to cooperatives/unions leaders and other NGOs, GOs,
- Facilitate capacity building training (skills training on business idea development, business plan preparation implementation monitoring and evaluation) and facilitate co-learning
- Work closely with Area Program (AP) management and staff in assessment and identification of appropriate technologies, and engage in promoting and dissemination of the same
- Network with relevant government offices, FBO and CBO in the projects area to expedite project implementation and facilitate experience sharing within and outside the area
- Identify prospective business partners in the region/zone, and encourage their active participation in project surveys, farmer activities, and other forums
- Create a discussion forum between union/cooperative leaders regional/zonal/district level government representatives, and farmer leaders that discusses existing best management practices and policies related to EECS, and re-examines these in the light of project results and community opinions
- Manage overall project financial and activity implementation to ensure these are effectively undertaken according to the plan & organizational policy
- With the support of the Regional/CPO finance staff, manage overall project finances to ensure these are effectively undertaken according to the plan & organizational financial practices and policies
- Prepare and submit high-quality regular progress reports for WV and other concerned.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- Qualification required : BSc/MSc. in Natural resource management, Forestry, Environmental science, Agroforestry, Agriculture, Soil & Water conservation engineering
- Experience: 5 years and above for Bsc and 3 years and above for Msc. especially in ICS; should have experience in carbon finance related projects, collecting and analyzing field data
- Technical Training qualifications required: Energy Efficient technology, VCM and/or CDM project management.
Working Environment / Conditions:
- Work environment: Office-based with frequent travel to the field
- Travel: 10% domestic/international travel is required
- On call: 5%
Interested applicants are required to fill the employment application form (you can get this form from http://docs.ethiojobs.net/wve-jaf.pdf ) and email by stating the position you are applying on the subject line of your email on or before the closing date of this announcement to firstname.lastname@example.org and or via www.ethiojobs.net.
World Vision has zero-tolerance towards abuse and exploitation of children and vulnerable adults. Every prospective employee, volunteer, and intern is obliged to comply with world vision’s child and adult safeguarding policy.
Note: We do not receive hard copies