|Location||Adama, Ambo, Oromia, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||September 10, 2021|
|Category|| Health Care / Medical |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
AIDS Healthcare Foundation is a global not-for-profit organization that provides cutting-edge medicine and advocacy to more than 1.5million patients in 45 countries and is headquartered at Los Angeles, California, USA.
Since 1987, AHF has cared for thousands of people living with HIV and AIDS worldwide. As we create and implement unparalleled programs in new communities globally, we expand delivery of healthcare and influence over strategies with the sole aim of saving more lives.
The organization is looking for experienced candidates to health facilities where it is providing programmatic supports on HIV/AIDS prevention, treatment, and care for the following positions.
AHF–Ethiopia has agreed with Oromia Regional Health Bureau to partner in maximizing the effort of HIV prevention, treatment and care provided in different service units of two of its hospitals namely Adama Hospital & Medical College and Ambo General Hospital. The assigned candidates will execute the following respective duties and responsibilities to meet the stated objective.
The Regional Mentor Coordinator-Oromia will be responsible for the implementation of the MOU and Project Agreement signed between AHF and Oromia Regional Health Bureau (ORHB) to be implemented mainly at Adama Hospital Medical College and Ambo Hospital focusing on quality of health care delivery at the two facilities and system strengthening at the regional health bureau.
The Regional Mentor Coordinator will base at Adama Hospital Medical College and will discharge his/her duties to regional health bureau and Ambo Hospital through different means of communication and travel to the supported site and regional bureau on regular basis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Take the lead in the implementation of the AHF support to Adama Hospital Medical College and Ambo Hospital as outlined in the MOU and project agreement. Before end of the existing MOU and Project agreement, S/he will prepare a new or renewal MOU and the agreement after review of the previous year implementation. S/he will review the articles of the MOUs and the project agreement and ensures articles are always observed by signing parties. At the end of the implementation period, prepare a summary report focusing on the submitted key performance indicators and overall AHF support.
- Work with ORHB Team in matters related to support of stated health facilities, coordinate joint mentorship, supervision, review meeting, case-based discussion & project appraisal.
- Represent AHF–ET at the ORHB and supported facility meetings, supervisions, etc.
- Takes the lead role in coordinating and provision of quality HIV management at supported facilities as per the AHF standard and national guideline.
- Provide clinical mentorship and couching to supported facilities staff periodically; submit respective reports to AHF management and archive for documentation
- Develop a standard mentorship and coordination tools (Schedule for mentorship, and supervision, preceptor checklist, checklist for rapid assessment, periodic reporting, ….) that will guide the support to be provided
- Review the overall service provided in the supported facilities and develop mechanism for intra-facility referral that will help better patient outcome
- Establish a credit service agreement with nearby service providers & the supported facilities and monitor implementation. Review the payment request submitted by vendors
- Develop a mechanism to archive all support provide by AHF at the supported facilities that will be accessible and reviewed by AHF supervisors and facility management
- Establish electronic/virtual communication with supported facilities for fast and accurate support/report without physical visit
- In collaboration with ART clinic staff and team leaders, engage on regular direct care provision of clients at the ART clinic and ensure documentation of service provided
- Review status of adolescent support program of the facilities and develop and submit an action plan to strengthen the program and ensure to have a strong adolescence support service in each facility
- Follow the management of completed cases at the unit or by referral to other units in the same hospital or other specialty centers
- Responsible to develop draft job description of staff assigned at supported facilities and develop a plan for staff deployment assigned by AHF
- Develop a performance indicator for each deployed staff at the supported facilities
- Work with supported facilities’ staff and management to ensure unit staff are having the updated information and guidance and attending AHF prepared CMEs
- Work with the Medical Director to complete performance appraisal of staff assigned at the supported facilities: have JD of all staff under supervision every time such staff is deployed
- Work with facility management and unit staff to have acceptance of AHF staff deployed at different units
- Evaluate activities that are given by the facility unit head to be executed by the AHF deployed staff and decide and coordinate for executions
- Ensure supported facilities are networked with community support organizations and patient have access to community and social services
- Work with Country Office Site-Support team to streamline planning, MOU/Project development meeting and supervisions
- Coordinate multidisciplinary AIDS team (MDAT) meeting, focus group discussion, & short business meetings that will improve overall quality of care being provided in the facilities
- Attend AHF sponsored online CME courses and facilitate participation of facility unit staff to attend these courses
- Participate in Regional/National case review meetings and related workshops and share best experience/lesson to be learned with supported facility MDAT
- Facilitate continuous quality assurance & improvement program implementation by qualitative/quantitative assessment on regular basis (as indicated in AHF schedule): Strive for high quality and client centered services (simplified work flow & shorter waiting time)
- Ensure accurate and timely documentation and utilization of national and facility specific format available and used in care and treatment program
- Work with AHF-Ethiopia Prevention Team in coordinating HIV prevention activities at the supported facilities
- Work with different units of the supported facilities to ensure suitable and sustainable supplies useful for quality HIV treatment
- Work with other partners supporting the facilities that AHF operates in such a way that it will boldly show AHF’s role and return of investment
- Consolidate monthly activity reports from different HIV units of the supported facilities and submit and send to Country Office
- Prepare a weekly activity plan for the unit and submit short summary report at the end of the week to the supervisor
- Participate in the operational research protocols to answer important questions within AHF’s treatment and prevention programs.
- Participate in the development of annual/quarter/monthly plan and monitor their implementation: Follow the continuous use of clinical data for program improvement
- Execute other activities related to the position as given by the Medical Director or Country Program Manager
Number of Vacancies: One (1)
Duty Station: Adama Town with travel to Ambo and Addis Ababa
Education, Qualification, and Experience
- University graduate in Medical Doctorate from a recognized university; Having further education like Public Health would be an advantage
- At five years direct experience in patient management of ART, clinical mentorship, PMTCT, and TB/HIV in a similar institution
- Experience in clinical program management and coordination is essential; Further education in HIV related courses would be an advantage
- Training on ART management & clinical mentorship would be a necessity; additional training on PMTCT, HCT & TB/HIV, MDR TB, Nutritional management for PLWH is an advantage
- Experience with operational research and evidence-based healthcare is an added advantage
- Proficient in computer & internet skills, including word processing, database and presentation software; experience with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and statistical analysis programs
- Excellent written, verbal and inter-personal communication skills with good command of English & Amharic languages; have expert level skills in writing and speaking Oromiffa
- Experience working with the Oromia Regional Health Bureau and/or Oromia facilities
- Effective time management and meeting deadlines maintaining quality
- Must be highly organized and demonstrate multi-tasking ability
- Flexible, proactive and able to organize work independently with minimum supervision
- Excellent interpersonal interaction skills and keen to work with good team spirit
Interested candidates should apply by email to: Regional Human Resources Manager – AHF Africa Bureau, through: Globalhr.Africa@ahf.org
Candidates should send their documents to the above stated address within ten (10) days of the announcement on Ethiojobs Website
The application is required to include cover letter of interest, detailed updated CV, copy of academic documents and other credentials that must be submitted before the deadline.
Please do not forget to write the position you are applying on the subject line of your email so that it will be directed to the right department.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview and written exam. Phone calls, physical visit to the organization about the result is strictly forbidden, and could be reason for disqualification.