|Location||Hawassa, SNNPR, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 31, 2020|
|Category|| Health Care / Medical |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Under general supervision by the program manager, the position holder is expected to perform family planning and comprehensive reproductive health service provision at the outreach level. As part of the outreach team, the clinical nurse is responsible to jointly prepare monthly movement plans, provision of services independently or with the clinical officer depending on field movement arrangements. Responsible for properly documenting and reporting services provided. Whenever needed provides scrub nursing duties when procedures are done ensuring efficient delivery and client care in accordance with accepted standard medical practices and professional codes of conduct.
- Provides clinical SRH services such as client counselling, family planning service provision, comprehensive abortion care, taking vital signs, applying aseptic techniques, ensuring infection control at outreach level independently or with the clinical officer depending on arrangements.
- Provides nursing services, within defined scope of practice, to Clients based on Clients assessment and care planning procedures
- Administers medication and observes and documents therapeutic effects.
- Whenever procedures are done, provides pre-operative and post-operative personal and comfort care.
- Monitors Clients' progress, evaluates effectiveness of SRH interventions and consults with appropriate members of outreach team.
- Provides reproductive health/family planning education to individuals and the communities.
- Ensures that safe abortion and family planning services are provided based on Ethiopian Legal provisions.
- Prepares all surgical instruments, sets and medical supplies required for operation in accordance with accepted standards,
- Whenever procedures are done, assists surgeons intra-operatively (as a Scrub Nurse, Circulating Nurse, etc.) and makes the instruments ready for other operations as required.
- Prepares clients for surgery by cleaning the clients' operative areas.
- Assists in surgery by laying out instruments, setting up equipment, assisting surgical teams with gowns and gloves and passing instruments to surgeons
- Cleans and sterilizes the operating room and instruments.
- Provides clients refreshment after service deliveries and perform other duties related to Clients care and comfort
- Carries messages, reports, requisitions and specimens between departments
- Makes beds and maintains Clients' rooms
- Ensures the maintenance of high-level standards and applies universal precautions to prevent infection (e.g. Hepatitis, HIV/AIDS) from blood or other body fluids of Clients
- Accounts for all assets under his/her custody during regular stock taking and audit as and when required.
- Prepares and submits periodic reports as required.
- Participate in demand creation activity
- Maintain inventory of supplies; accounts for all assets under his/her custody during regular stock taking and audit as and when required.
- Performs related tasks as required
BSc/Diploma in Nursing
Two Years’ experience for BSc nurse and three years for Diploma nurse.
Skills, Attitudes and Attributes
- Good Communication and Interpersonal skills
- Conscious of Government, MSI and MSIE regulations
- Ability to make logical and timely decisions
- Counselling skill
- Awareness of concepts and strategies of quality care
- Someone who can speak the local language
Interested and qualified applicants should mail only their motivation letter and C.V, within ten (10) days from the date of this announcement to:
Human Resources, Marie Stopes International Ethiopia
Through the following e-mail address: HumanResource@mariestopes.org.et
Due to the volume of applications, we will only contact shortlisted candidates, and we are unable to provide any feedback on unsuccessful applications.
Please mention the title of the position and work place you applied for on the subject line of your email.
CANDIDATES WHO DO NOT FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
MSIE STRONGLY ENCOURAGES FEMALE CANDIDATES TO APPLY!