|Location||East Hararghe zone in Melka Belo and Goro Muti Woredas and West Hararghe Zone in Habro Woreda, Oromia, Oromia, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 22, 2020|
|Category|| Health Care / Medical |
|Job Type|| Contract |
The responsibility of the Clinical Nurse (counsellor) is to implement the Life-Saving Emergency Health and Nutrition Response in three disaster-affected communities in East and West Hararghe Zone, of Oromia Region (Melka Belo, Goro Muti, Habro). S/he will provide capacity building training to health workers in Psychological First Aid (PFA) to respond appropriately to Mental Health and Psychological Support (MHPSS). The incumbent will provide technical support to Strengthen health facilities to deliver quality MHPSS services to crisis affected people with mental health needs to support children, their family members and their care givers who have difficulties to cope with stress
The position holder will facilitate the referral of people with special needs to Health and nutrition service delivery points and referral of undernourished children to stimulation programs to reduce the chance of developmental disability and to enhance child development.Major responsibilities
- Build government capacities and integrate mental health care for emergency survivors in PHCU health services and in community mental health support groups
- Provide capacity building training to healthcare providers on Psychosocial first aid
- Support outpatient consultation at all project supported health centers in the targeted woredas and visit health facilities
- provide follow-up supervision and monitoring to ensure that MHPSS interventions are implemented correctly
- Facilitate the referral of people with special needs to Health and nutrition service delivery points and referral of undernourished children to stimulation programs to reduce the chance of developmental disability and to enhance child development
- Support HDAs and community members to create a community platform to provide self-help group and access to a range of supports, including psychological first aid, to people in acute distress after exposure to an extreme stressor.
1. Qualification required: BSC degree in Public Health, Nursing or behavioural/social science and related field with special training in MHPSS with proven experience in the area of clinical settings providing quality care for people with physical injuries, disabilities and mental health needs
Work Experience required: Previous work experience at least 2 years field-based experience in program management and mental health and psychosocial support (MHPSS) in humanitarian settings· Special training in MHPSS
· Effective in written and verbal communication in English [and insert language(s) here].
· Certification in Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) for Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Travel and/or Work Environment.
· The position requires willingness to be Woreda-based with frequent travel to visit health facilities in Habro in West Hararghe zone, Melakbelo and Goro MUti in East Hararghe
· Work environment: Dynamic and changing circumstances
Duty station : Habro/Melkabelo/Goro Muti· Training in COVID-19 Operational Planning Guidelines and COVID-19 Partners Platform to support country preparedness and response
Interested applicants are required to fill the employment application form (you can get this form from http://docs.ethiojobs.net/wve-jaf.pdf ) and email to Alemayehu_Regassa@wvi.org or Yonas_Tamire@wvi.org by clearly stating the position you apply for in the subject line of the email before or on the deadline.
World Vision Ethiopia is a child focused Organization and is striving to keep children safe and is committed to ensuring that only those who are suitable to work with children are considered for this position.