|Location||Gorodola (Guji-Oromiya) EastImi & Berano(Somali) Alle & Kenna (SNNPR), Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||September 9, 2021|
|Category|| Health Care / Medical |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
This position is Contingent
About Mercy Corps
Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible.
In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions into action — helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within. Now, and for the future. We help people overcome poverty and conflict. Working with communities, we leverage local logic to help people transform their lives. To grow more food, earn higher incomes and ultimately advocate for their needs. We see global challenges as an invitation to pioneer innovative, sustainable solutions. During our 34-year history, our work has improved more than 170 million lives in more than 115 countries around the world. Mercy Corps Ethiopia invites motivated and qualified candidates to apply for the following vacant position.
Position Title: Clinical Nurse Officer
Duty Station: Gorodola (Guji-Oromiya) EastImi & Berano(Somali) Alle & Kenna (SNNPR)
Program / Department Summary
The project is intended to reduce the morbidity and mortality associated with under nutrition and increased illnesses of conflict induced communities who do not have access to primary health care services and basic nutrition services.
General Position Summary
The position holder shall be in charge of technical quality implementation and delivery of the mobile health and Nutrition services in the assigned woreda. S/He will mainly be responsible for the daily implementation of consultation, outreach EPI, health education, sanitation, safe motherhood and child health as per the pastoralist area mobile health and nutrition guideline. In addition the position holder is also expected to provide supervision, technical assistance and capacity building to health extension workers and Health workers in health facilities. S/He will also be responsible for day to day documentation of children and adults treated, people provided for health education, vaccinated children and all provided services accordingly and compile weekly and monthly reports and share with woreda projects officers and woreda health offices.
Essential Job Responsibilities
Strategy & Vision
· Collaborate with other team member for effective integration between other services like Nutrition and health services
· Collaborate with Local authorities and other partners to harmonize different efforts for better impact and sustainability.
· Able to learn and update his/ her information or knowledge to adapt the changing situation and context
- Coordinate and facilitate implementation of integrated mobile health and Nutrition activities, site selection and prepare weekly movement plan.
- Provide basic health services including community IMNCI/ICCM, safe motherhood, emergency services, referral, health education, EPI as per Somali RHB Mobile health and nutrition guideline
- Facilitate training, closely work with MOH staffs at Health posts, Health center and hospital, and district level.
§ Organize daily, weekly and monthly over view and reports of EPI, health education and consultations.
- Ensure referral system and linkage between services and with the health facilities
§ Adherence to medical and nutritional treatment protocols and procedures for children and infants.
- Receive weekly reports from HEW at weekly basis, cross check the completeness and accuracy and submit to Woreda Project officers.
- Participate in capacity building training, in health education sessions and IEC/BCC application
- Follow up absentees/defaulters and keep current record of both beneficiaries and the staff (CHAs, volunteers).
- Supports and liaise with the health centre staff and provide on the job training and capacity building.
- Makes sure that health professionals from the health facilities to participate on the daily routine work for sustainability and smooth phase out strategy,
· Provide onsite training to HEW and nurses.
· Mentoring and assist HEW in decision of patients who are at severe risks and need to be transferred to nearby hospital
· Supports the program integration with DPPO and MoH through on job trainings and supervisions
Finance & Compliance Management
Influence & Representation
· Train and support community volunteers and make sure they transmit/convey messages clearly to the community
· Creates and maintain relationship with local health and other authorities to link services with the existing health structure smoothly,
· Upholds the image and values of Mercy Corps at all times,
· Ensure compliance with security procedures and policies as determined by country leadership.
· Proactively ensure that team members operate in a secure environment and are aware of policies.
· As part of our commitment to organizational learning and in support of our understanding that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities they serve, we expect all team members to commit 5% of their time to learning activities that benefit Mercy Corps as well as themselves.
Knowledge and Experience
· Diploma or BSC in nursing or public health and Minimum four years work experience in NGOs environment as MHNT out of which two years is in clinical setups.
- Ability and willingness to frequently travel to villages and willingness to reside in rural areas
- Willingness and capacity to be flexible and accommodating when faced with difficult and frustrating working conditions like long distance walking to distribution sites
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience in closely working with regional and Woreda Health Office ,health centres and health posts
- Communication skill, good human relations
- Firm belief in teamwork, gender equality
All interested candidates are encouraged to apply for the position advertised. All applications submitted to the Mercy Corps office include a CV, three references, and all relevant official documents. Applications will not be returned and will not be retained for future recruitment efforts. In order to ensure fairness to all applicants personal inquiries are not permitted.
Only candidates that are short listed will be acknowledged and called for interviews.
“Mercy Corps is an equal opportunity employer promoting gender, equity and diversity. Qualified female and young candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. We are committed to empower women and youth.”
DEADLINE FOR ALL APPLICATIONS: 18 September 2021/ 4:00 PM
Please send non-returnable applications and credentials to one of the following address:
Note: Please make sure that you mention the position title in the subject line of your email application.
Mercy Corps Recruiter
Addis Ababa: P.O. Box 14319
Arbaminch: P.O. Box 33 , Jijiga: P.O. Box 225
Negelle Borena: P.O. Box 116
Dire Dewa: P.O. Box 974
Gambella Merc Cops Office: in person