|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 12, 2020|
|Category|| Health Care / Medical |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Centre for Innovative Drug Development and Therapeutic Trials for Africa (CDT-Africa) is a World Bank supported Africa centre of excellence for higher education and research at the College of Health Sciences, Addis Ababa University, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. The Centre aims to improve access to health care through novel medical discoveries (medicines, vaccines, diagnostics, care delivery mechanisms) supported by clinical trials.
As one of the main strategies to achieve this goal, the Center is providing Master’s program in Clinical Trials, the first of its kind the Region. The program’s overall aim is to prepare competent individuals who would work in research institutions, academia, pharmaceutical industries, regulatory agencies, contract research organizations, and other study centres, with the primary objective of assisting with the designing, execution and reporting of clinical trials pertaining to drugs, diagnostics, vaccines, behavioural interventions and medical devices commensurate with good clinical practice, legal, ethical, and regulatory requirements. The Centre is accepting applicants for the MSc in Clinical Trials program to the academic year 2020/21 (2013 E.C).
- A candidate must have a Bachelor Degree in healthcare or life sciences, such as pharmacy, public health, nursing, biology, doctorate degree in medicine or equivalent, doctor of dental medicine, and doctor of veterinary medicine. Those with Bachelor of Statistics are also eligible.
- Others with additional qualifications with or without Bachelor Degree in the life sciences may be eligible if relevant further qualifications are obtained. Examples of such qualifications are Master of public health, MSc in pharmacy, MSc in pharmacology, MSc in statistics, and doctor of Pharmacy.
- As this is a needs based program, it is desirable for applicants to have one or two years of service after last graduation with relevant program to have the exposure to real-life challenges prior to joining the program.
- Applicants may need to submit a sponsorship letter from their institution once they are selected, unless they are private applicants.
- Applicants need to meet also the general requirements laid down by the School of Graduate Studies, Addis Ababa University (https://portal.aau.edu.et/Web/Announcement/List?studyLevel=Graduate&instructionId=0c43e83d-abb6-4c28-8b52-d7e615fbcc5e)
- English is the medium of education and candidates should demonstrate sufficient knowledge of English.
- All candidates within Africa are eligible to apply for the program, although priority may be given to national and regional (East and Southern Africa) partners of CDT-Africa.
- The MSc program is designed to meet the highest international standards of training for MSc in Clinical Trials. It is a two years program with 99 ECTS (European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System) consisting of 59 ECTS general and specialized subject area modules, 2 ECTS seminar works, 8 ECTS attachments, and 30 ECTS MSc research project work.
- The program will be delivered in full time mode in a modular block teaching approach.
Application must be submitted online using the graduate application portal of the Addis Ababa University Office of the Registrar (https://portal.aau.edu.et/Web/GraduateApplication?instructionId=0c43e83d-abb6-4c28-8b52-d7e615fbcc5e)
Additionally, CV and motivation letter must be submitted in electronic copy via email to Dr Tsegahun Manyazewal (email: firstname.lastname@example.org) copying Bethelhem Fekadu (email: email@example.com)
The deadline for applications is 27 August 2020.