|Date Posted||January 4, 2023|
Youth Network for Sustainable Development (YNSD) in partnership with Mastercard Foundation implements Community Service Project in Addis Ababa, Sodo and Wolo. This Project envisions “equal opportunity for young people to learn and prosper, access to dignified and fulfilling work and contribute to their country’s overall development.” The Community Service as Pathway to Work (CSPW) initiative aims to contribute to this vision by engaging young people (18 to 34 years) in a structured program of community service, training and by providing linkages to a comprehensive local network of public, private, and civic sector agencies that provide work-related placements and resources. The project will make every opportunity available to engage differently-abled youth as well as internally displaced persons (IDPs) which are directly impacted by the conflict and other vulnerable groups in the community.
Job Summary: The Cluster Manager is responsible for working within the program staffs to successfully implement the organizations and the project’s objectives in the areas of the project; effective planning, organizing, executing and reporting to stakeholders and donors. She /he is responsible for establishing collaborative relationships with executing government agencies, civil society organizations, and the donor organization.
- Expedite and coordinate project implementation establishing collaborative relationships with executing government agencies, and other civil society organizations, facilitating timely and efficient delivery of project inputs
- Effectively liaise and develop relationships with YNSD head office, and donor organizations
- Create a detailed work plan, determine resources (time, money, equipment required to complete the project, review the project schedule with senior management.
- Monitor the progress of the project (action plan) prepare and submit narrative for management and donors.
- Follow day to day activity of the project.
- Communicate findings and progress reports, to stakeholders (and COP)
- Lead quality implementation of the project technical and operational deliverables in the cluster cities.
- Establish and maintain positive and productive relations and collaboration with the regional/city level stakeholders.
- Represents the project at regional and local level fora and platforms as appropriate.
- Lead cluster level planning and performance reviews as per the project planning and monitoring cycle.
Reports to: Chief of Party
Employment Type: Full Time / Contact based
Primary duties and responsibilities: the Cluster Manager performs the following duties and responsibilities.
- MPH, MA in Sociology, project management, economics or other related social science fields a MA degree in similar social science fields is preferable.
Years of experience:
- Minimum 7 years of relevant experience in an NGO setting
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong commitment to working with youths
- Track record in project management, reporting, and information material development
- Demonstrated skills and significant experience in advocacy projects
- Experience in workshop/ trainings, campaign/events organizing
- Able to work as part of team as well as take initiative in leading projects
- Strong personal skills, organization and communication skills
- Self-motivated and well organized
- Proficiency in the use of computerized programs
- Proficiency in the English language both written and spoken
- Extra attention to details
- Ability to work independently and under tight deadlines
- Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behavior and business practices, and ensure that own behavior and the behavior of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization.
- Value volunteerism: understand the sense of volunteerism and exercise it, show willingness to execute tasks as assigned by supervisors
- Flexibility: demonstrate flexibility to accomplish tasks requiring a range of skills and abilities
- Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organization.
- Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Focus on members/beneficiaries Needs: Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of members and beneficiaries to meet or exceed their expectations within the organizational parameters.
- Creativity/Innovation: Develop new and unique ways to improve operations of the organization and to create new opportunities
- Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problem, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness
- Organize: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details, data, information and activities.
- Plan: Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
- Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
- Commitment: shows dedication to the missions and visions of the organization