|Location||EREBTI; BERHALE; AFDERA, Afar, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 21, 2020|
|Category|| Health Care / Medical |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The incumbent of this position represents Save the Children values and principles in interactions with staff and external audiences. These values and principles include commitment to the mission of Save the Children, team orientation, quality management and leadership development, introducing systems and procedures to strengthen staff motivation and productivity.
The CMAM officer has the responsibility to ensure high quality and full CMAM activities, closely coordinated an integrated with CMAM program run by SCI in the same Woredas. The Officer ensures activities fit within the framework of the National Nutrition Program and ensures good relations with local stakeholders and partner in the operational area.
Level 3 - the responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people
The role holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work in country programs; or are visiting country programs; ore because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Developing Woreda level Detail CMAM implementation plan (fiscal and budget plan), procurement plan and capacity building training plan
· Facilitating Woreda level kick off workshop and MOU role out
· Coordinating Woreda level; CMAM sites start up assessment, site selection/prioritization and beneficiary selection
· Forecasting Woreda level therapeutic and supplementary commodities, drugs and NFI needs
· Coordinating requisition, storage, transport and utilization of CMAM related commodities and supplies
· Nurturing productive and collaborative environment with stake holders and project staffs through continuous engagement.
· Ensuring integration of SCI quality bench march standards in CMAM service provision at all levels
· Preparing standard Woreda level CMAM progress reports, updates and ensuring strict recording, reporting and documentations practise across CMAM components (SC, OTP, TSFP and IYCF).
· Facilitating Woreda level CMAM project planning, review and social mobilization sessions and events
· Building effective Woreda CMAM team by undertaking shared planning, frequent and open dialogue, mentorship and applying SCI performance managements practices.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
· BSC Nurse or Public health officer/or Diploma nurse with 4 more years’ experience on CMAM
· Hand on skill and experiences on CMAM programming and service provision
· Strong leadership, team building and problem solving experiences in resource limited/remote environments
· Positive work experience with government PHCU, Health and FSL, DPPO sector offices
· Good understanding of Afar community culture, communication and decision making structures and norms
· Very good conceptual understanding of the job
· Strong interpersonal skill and customer handling
· Very good skill in communication
· Computer literate and trained on MRP/CMAM reporting software
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector. The duty station of the position holder will be in Erebti; Berhanle and Afdera. This role is offered on the basis of national terms and conditions only.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
• No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
• All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
• Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at:
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.