|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||January 2, 2023|
|Category|| Management |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
SKILLMART International College is an accredited private higher education institution. The college is part of the SkillMart Educational Development Share Company. The Share Company is the first education-based share company established with the aim of providing high-quality education from kindergarten through tertiary education. It was organized by professors from Addis Ababa University and other educational institutions' lecturers who are experts in the field. We believe that our organization will do an exemplary job in the education sector at all levels. Currently, the company has obtained accreditation to offer master’s programs (MSc in Project Management, Analysis, and Evaluation and MSc in Accounting and Finance) at its Addis Ababa Campus. Furthermore, our Bahirdar Campus is accredited to offer master's programs (MSc in Project Management, Analysis and Evaluation, and MBA) as well as degree programs (BA in Accounting and Finance and Marketing Management). The company would like to recruit one College Dean for its Addis Ababa Campus located around Megenagna.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees the academic progress of the students
- Carries out academic actions: probation, exclusions, readmission, special evaluations, etc.
- Supervises the implementation of all facets of the college programs
- Reviews and attempts to resolve students' academic problems, including clarification of requirements, waivers, substitutions, exceptions, complaints, etc.
- Supervises graduation audits and certifications.
- administer all non-academic affair of the college
- Communicate with the responsible government body
- Coordinate the post graduate programs, research activities, trainings, and community service
- Directs general studies program.
- Develop new curriculum
- Prepare periodic reports
Required number: 1
Qualifications and requirements:
- Master’s degree and above in Project Management, Economics, Management or related areas
- Work experience: 2 years and above as college dean or head of the department
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work well within a team and individually.
- Demonstrated writing capacity in English