Communication and Database Expert
|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||September 17, 2021|
|Category|| Business Administration |
IT / Information Technology
|Job Type|| Full-time |
COMUNITA VOLONTARI PER IL MONDO (CVM) is an Italy based international NGO re- registered with the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia, Agency for Civil Society Organization as Foreign organization under Certificate number 0941 in accordance with the Civil Society Organizations Proclamation number 1113/2019 to operate in Ethiopia. CVM is active with various projects in defense of orphaned and vulnerable children, domestic workers and maids, minorities, HIV positive and AIDS patients. Moreover, it works to guarantee the increase in the availability of water for drinking and agricultural purposes and for the increase in sanitation.
CVM-Ethiopia is currently looking for an interested and qualified candidate for a position of Communication and Database Expert who has experience in communication and database management.
1. Summary of the position
The Communication and Database Expert will have an in-depth knowledge of the database system as well as strong communication skills. He/ she will be responsible for the reporting system, collection of data, sources and information to feed the database.
- Develop and implement a communication strategy that includes media outreach and social media content creation.
- Mange and post different events in the organization Social Medias.
- Support and evaluate results of communication campaigns with the social team.
2.2.Database management (75%)
- Administer and manage the database management system of the organization,
- Assist and follow up the database design consultant in designing the organization beneficiaries’ database system,
- Collect beneficiaries’ data and feed in to the database system,
- Analysis and report the result,
- Facilitate technical training for database users and conduct regular follow up,
- Ensure that storage and archiving procedures are functioning correctly,
- Communicate regularly with social staff to ensure database integrity and security,
- Serves as the point person for data-related tasks,
- Identify and manage risks associated with his/her portfolio and escalate as per the CVM systems and policies with support from the project facilitator
BSc Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems (MIS) ,Computer Software or Information and Communication Technology (ICT).
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Extensive knowledge of data preparation procedures and requirements.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- In-depth knowledge of the database system as well as strong communication skill
- Build relationships with a wide range of individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to work independently, displaying strong initiative in solving day-to-day problems with limited direction.
- A team player committed to CVM values and pillars.
- Detail-oriented, with the ability to manage, track and organize data, including numerical data.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and application letter by including their salary expectations and when you’ll be available along with their relevant documents through www.ethiojobs.net.
Note: Use "Communication and Database Expert" as the subject title of your email.
Applicants who don't fulfill all the above criteria will be rejected.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.