|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||April 13, 2020|
|Category|| Advertising |
IT / Information Technology
|Job Type|| Contract |
Major duty and responsibility:
- Collect stories from project area and producing various publications (newsletter, leaflet, booklets & brochure etc.), design outlays, prepare motto, ethos & banner statements, work in website improvements, organize web based communication and other social media outlets, actively engage in movement building and networking, work with media outlets to reach the larger population, follow up & guide redesigning process of MELCA’s website, ICT, thematic & event messages, monitor visitors’ opinions and compiled and advice the management and deals with MELCA’s ICT related the subject
- Update the website regularly by posting various stories, news publication and audio visual relating to organization project activities and related matters,
- Plan and guide media relation, prepare events reports, news & Policy and media briefs, speeches, proceedings, prepare photographs with caption messages, conduct interviews, and compile and promote best practice and major events, records and make available to users and the feneral public.
- Develop system for knowledge management and learning, Compile and document and popularize MELCA’s vision, missions, policies, thematic programs, best practice research findings and stories of change and make available to interested users and pave a way to identify partners,
- Support the program section in monitoring project and compile quarterly and annual report coming from projects.
- Support organizing of events and conference to be administrated by the organization.
- Perform other tasks to be assigned to her by her immediate supervisor.
- Operationalize and update communication strategies, standardize message and key communication approaches.
- BA/BSc Degree or above in Communication studies, ICT or Journalism or Social or Environmental Sciences or equivalent personal achievements
- At least 2 years working experience in development communication, journalism at national or international level or equivalent experience in stories & event writing, skill in ICT is advantageous
- Understanding of overall environmental & sustainable development agenda
- High level of communications skills, especially in English and Amharic
Duty station: Addis Ababa
Closing date: – within 5 working days from the date of the publication of this announcement.
Interested applicants should submit a non-returnable copy of their updated CV, application letter, scanned (scanned) credentials and all supporting documents through e-mail, post mail or in person (hand delivery or post mailed applications should be submitted in a sealed envelope), to the following addresses:
- E-mail to [email protected] Or P.O. Box 1519 code 1250
- MELCA – Ethiopia’s Head office, Addis Ababa, in front of Ambassador Theatre, Kidane Beyene Building, first floor Room no. 903/6,
- Tel. 011-550-71-72
Only selected candidates will be contacted and MELCA-Ethiopia will reserve the right to use, if need be alternative means.
Females are encouraged to apply.