|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 22, 2020|
|Category|| Advertising |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Why Join IntraHealth?
At IntraHealth, we are a global team of creative, committed humanitarians on a mission. We are advocates, technologists, health workers, and communicators. Program officers, finance experts, and technical leaders. We are passionate and diverse. And we're united in our belief that everyone everywhere should have the health care they need to thrive. That's why we work every day to improve the performance of health workers around the world and strengthen the systems in which they work.
For almost 40 years in over 100 countries, IntraHealth has partnered with local communities to make sure health workers are present where they're needed most, ready to do the job, connected to the technology they need, and safe to do their very best work.
Our programs are designed with a deep understanding of and appreciation for the context of human rights, gender equality and discrimination, economic empowerment, and changing populations. And the longstanding relationships we've built with government agencies, private-sector partners, and members of civil society make our efforts stronger and more effective.
Join us and together we can make lasting changes in global healthÂ—for all of us.
About Accelerating Support to Advanced Local Partners (ASAP)
ASAP is funded through an Indefinite Delivery, Indefinite Quantity Contract (IDIQ) led by IntraHealth. The purpose of the contract is to rapidly prepare Local Partners to have the capabilities and resources to serve as Prime Partners for USAID/U.S. President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) programming, in compliance with USAID and PEPFAR procedures, for PEPFAR program implementation in FY20 and FY21.
Summary of Role
The Communication and Knowledge Management Advisor is responsible for providing technical and strategic guidance to the USAID Local Implementing Partners (LIPs) in documentation and dissemination of project achievements internally using the SharePoint, project website and externally through various publications including feature articles, abstracts, lessons learned and success stories. The Communication and Knowledge Management Advisor will report to the ASAP Ethiopia Country Team Leader.
- Provide strategic and technical guidance to LIPs in the development and implementation of communication and documentation policy and strategy
- Develop/adapt documentation and communication guideline, tools and training materials and support LIPs in the implementation and proper utilization
- Provide training/orientation to LIPs on USAID branding and marking guideline to ensure compliance when developing and disseminating project publications
- Support evidence-based planning, analyzing program data and lessons from global experience
- Provide TA in establishing system for documentation and dissemination of program implementation success stories, lessons learned and challenges with in the organizations and external stakeholders and audiences
- Support LIPs in developing and maintaining organization/project website and emails
- Design templates, edit and formats reports and project publications
- Assist in developing, managing and maintaining project page on the SharePoint or similar platform so that information and data is accessible to employees
- Coordinate with the program team to produce project success stories, lessons learned, fact sheets, news brief and blogs and disseminate through appropriate communication channels
- Perform any other related duties as requested.
- A Master's degree in Information Science and Communication or related fields with minimum of 8 years' relevant experience of which 2 years in knowledge management
- Experience in providing Organizational Capacity Development Technical Assistance
- Ability to work with a high level of independence, using own initiative
- Demonstrate interpersonal communication skills and ability to work effectively on a team.
- Strong organizational and document management skills
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office, Access, Excel, Web-based file transfer facilities, basic Graphic Design software, etc.)
- Experience of working effectively in a diverse team and maintaining good working relationships
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Must have analytical skills, interpersonal skills, team management
- Must be willing to be co-located with Local Partner to provide technical assistance.
Summary of Benefits
IntraHealth International, Inc. is a great place to work and prides itself on its comprehensive benefits package. We offer competitive salaries and a dynamic inclusive work environment which supports health workers, so they can improve the lives of people throughout the world.
IntraHealth International is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law, and requires affirmative action to ensure equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. This is also to include inquiry about, disclosing, or discussing their compensation or the compensation of other applicants or employees.
To apply and learn more about IntraHealth Careers @: http://www.intrahealth.org/section/careers
Learn more about 'Who We Are' @: http://www.intrahealth.org/section/about-us1