WARNING: Do not to pay any money to get a job. Please report fraudulent jobs to email@example.com
|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||November 30, 2022|
|Category|| Communication |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
- Regularly contribute articles and pictures for Jhpiego and donors e-newsletters, websites, other electronic or print media outlets.
- Assist with the development of press briefings to donors and the Ministry of Health (MoH) or other government agencies as requested.
- Coordinate Jhpiego’s participation in international and local health related exhibitions and conferences taking place in Ethiopia by handling registration, collecting the necessary printing of display materials and give away items, and by manning the booth during the exhibition. Work with M&E, SPO and programs to develop posters displayed during such events. Provide backstop to regional office in managing an exhibition when needed.
- Work with Jhpiego Technical teams to develop program briefs and fact sheets and update factsheets yearly.
- As needed, organize communication training to build the capacity of staff to effectively document program achievements and program learning.
- Ensure that teams regularly write success stories and take pictures to highlight their accomplishments and ensure that teams follow appropriate donors guidance in doing so.
- Edit stories written by staff and occasionally travel to sites to capture success stories that highlight achievements of specific programs.
- Work with program teams and the Communications team at Jhpiego headquarters on high-level events such as launchings, disseminations workshops, review meetings, dignitaries’ visits by developing the messages, press release and brochures appropriate for each event, as well as inviting and closely working with the media.
- ·Work closely with the Communications Team at Jhpiego headquarters in updating the Ethiopia profile on Jhpiego’s or the donor’s website.
- Liaise with donors’ communication officers to ensure that all products are in line with the donor’s media relations policy and branding and marking plans.
- Properly document all communication materials and send copies to respective donors and Jhpiego headquarters.
- As needed, oversee the translation of communication materials to local languages.
- In collaboration with the Publications Team at Jhpiego headquarters, prepare graphic designs for communication materials
- Working with office teams and the Senior Program Officer, develop a communication plan and update it quarterly. Present the plan for review by Jhpiego’s Management Team and, upon approval, execute activities accordingly.
Marking and Branding
- Work with program teams and Operations to ensure that Jhpiego adheres to the various donors’ marking requirements on its trainings, events, program deliverables, publications, media productions, donations, administrative stationary, and project offices.
- Periodically check that the marking plan approved for specific projects is being implemented appropriately.
- Participate in the business development process by contributing to the writing of communication and knowledge management strategies for proposals.
- Work with Knowledge Services at Jhpiego headquarters to institute knowledge capture and exchange processes at the Ethiopia office and among other Jhpiego offices.
- Monthly update JLibrary, Jhpiego’s global e-library, with Jhpiego documents produced by the Ethiopia office.
- Organize, catalog and enter Jhpiego-authored knowledge assets from the country office (e.g., training materials, presentations, tools, plans and reports) in Jhpiego’s central electronic library
- Work with Ethiopia staff to maintain content on the Ethiopia section of the Jhpiego Intranet.
- Regularly encourage the use of a variety of approaches for informal and formal learning by staff. These include: Coordinating and promoting Jhpiego Learning Opportunities and lunchtime presentations among staff. This duty includes working with staff members to identify internal and external presenters and promoting the country office sessions to staff and local partners, as appropriate. It also includes promoting participation in Jhpiego communities of practice, presentation at global health conference, and authoring journal and other publications.
- Orient new staff on knowledge services at Jhpiego, such as the Intranet and e-library; communities of practice; and other global health knowledge resources.
- Submit project reports to USAID’s Development Experience Clearinghouse (for USAID-funded projects), POPLINE bibliographic service, and other global health repositories, as appropriate, to disseminate program learning.
- Write and distribute announcements of major project reports, study findings, and technical events. Distribute announcements using global health-related e-mail lists, e-newsletters, and local NGO/PVO contact information.
- Distribute print copies of major project reports to the MoH and local stakeholders and institutions, as directed by supervisor.
- Any other task given by the supervisor
- Master’s/Bachelor’s Degree in Literature or equivalent relevant qualification
- Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience for Master’s or minimum of 7 years’ experience for Bachelor’s Degree.
- Excellent analytical, writing, communication, presentation and editorial skills, including desktop publishing
- Experience working in the political, social and health system of the country
- Experience in working with national/international NGOs and public sector institutions in Ethiopia health sector