|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||January 30, 2020|
|Category|| Communication |
Sales and Marketing
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Communications and Marketing Officer
GIZ- Internal/External Vacancy Announcement #008/2020
As an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations, the federally owned Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its development policy objectives. GIZ promotes complex reforms and change processes.
In Ethiopia, GIZ has been working for more than 40 years in bilateral cooperation on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and on the commission of the Ethiopian Government and other international donors.
The Nutrition Sensitive Agriculture Project (NSAP) is part of the Global Program Food and Nutrition Security, Enhanced Resilience, which is financed within the scope of the BMZ’s One World – No hunger Initiative aiming at the reduction of poverty and hunger worldwide. The aim of the project is to improve the nutrition situation of food insecure people, particularly women of child-bearing age and their infants, in selected districts (Woredas) of Tigray and Amhara Region in Ethiopia
Responsibilities and Duties:
- The overall responsibility is to manage and enhance the already existent SBBC Strategy and develop a sound Marketing Communication Strategy for the Nutrition Sensitive Agriculture Project in Ethiopia under the German Initiative “One World No Hunger”.
- Systematic enhancement and optimisation of the already existent NSAP SBCC strategy for Tigray Region and its further upscaling for Amhara Region, including a customized influencer strategy
- Proper monitoring and evaluation of the Tigray Media Campaign (carried out 2019) and keeping track
- Finalize the implementation of national Nutrition Media Campaign
- Develop and outline a marketing communication strategy for the NSA project
- Systematic planning of publication of policy briefs, fact sheets and other NSAP reporting formats and visibility materials
- Systematic management of NSAP’s knowledge assets (knowledge management ensure timely procurement and production of visibility and SBCC)
- Develop and outline a communications strategy for NSAP project, including a distribution/advertising plan for existing SBCC and NSAP visibility materials
Required qualifications, experiences and competences:
- University degree (BA) related to communications
- Knowledge of national media context / advertising is required
- Sound knowledge of communication strategies and tools, information technology
- Minimum 3 to 5 years working experience in the field of project management (60 %) & marketing communication (40 %)
- Experience working in an international environment is an asset (international cooperation/development aid)
- Experience in working with social media, familiarity with major trends and tools
Other knowledge, additional competencies
- High degree of initiative and creativeness
- Very good computer skills, Microsoft Office; Knowledge on graphic design programmes such as Adobe InDesign are an asset
- Good speaking and writing skills in English and Amharic
- Photographic skills are an asset
- Proven knowledge of English and Amharic language, written and spoken
- Ability to organize and prioritize several tasks at the same time.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a multicultural and international team
Interested and qualified candidates shall submit their motivation letter along with their non-returnable recent CV via Ethiojobs or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please make sure you mention the Vacancy Title ‘Communications and Marketing Officer #008 in the subject line of your email application. Due to large number of applications we categorise applications with the vacancy numbers.
Applications without vacancy numbers in subject lines might not be categorized in the appropriate folder and could be disqualified.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
We encourage persons with disabilities to apply for the position. In case of equal qualification, persons with disabilities will be given preference.
Applications from qualified women are encouraged